16-55 2.8 w/OIS

deva

I would like Fuji to release an updated 16-55 2.8 with OIS. I've been fine with my 16-55 2.8 for stills, but now with the improved video functionality of the X-T2 I'm planning on doing more video with it. Now I want a fast wide zoom with fast autofocus that has OIS for video.

Keep your fingers crossed for a new line of lenses and accessories designed for video. Fujifilm has the experience to produce them and the market will grow as Fujifilm continues to improve its video performance on X-Series bodies. I think it can happen but it may be a year before even a rumor appears, if Fujifilm decides to wait and see how X-T2 video is received.

I would like Fuji to release an updated 16-55 2.8 with OIS. I've been fine with my 16-55 2.8 for stills, but now with the improved video functionality of the X-T2 I'm planning on doing more video with it. Now I want a fast wide zoom with fast autofocus that has OIS for video.

Just use the 18-55 or 10-24 OIS. A 16-55 f/2.8 will still take a long time, if they're planning on releasing it at all.

Edited by Sluw

Why does the little, light 18-55/2.8-4 have IS and the hulking, heavy 16-55/2.8 NOT have IS? 

I have both lenses and the extra heft plus the lack of IS has the hulk staying home too often. I'm using an X-E2 (and, like many others, wishing for an E3).

I may try out the "hulk" on an XPro2. Anyone comment on experience with that combo?

IMO, Fuji messed up by making the best damn kit lens in the biz.  Hard to beat.

Cheers

Jack

My understanding is than an OIS version would weigh even more, and then add WR and even more weight. My wish list is for a 16-80 mm lens with OIS and WR but at f/4 (to replace my Nikon 24130 mm f/4 lens).

I have the newer Nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4E.  It is amazing !  I wish fuji will make a similar lens for my X-T2.  It's a very usable zoom-range for APS-C cameras and f2.8-4 is decent. With VR/OIS of course.