X-T2: what's really better

Snsokstan

The X-T1 was a game changer for me.  It cut my photoback weight in half yet gave me better quallty photos compared to my cropped sensor Nikon.

The X-T2 improved that even more with the little things:

• Can change the battery without removing the ballhead quick release plate.
  • I no longer change the drive mode when adjusting the ISO, a regular occurrence on the X-T1 which led to many instances of inadvertent continuous shooting.
  • Having the ability to unlock the ISO and shutter speed dials is a big one.
  • The readout data displayed in the EVF is really nicer
  • The two axis LCD screen is great. No more lying on the ground when doing a vertical ground level shot with the camera on an inverted center column
  • The 4 way selector buttons on the back are finally fingertip detectable.  I'm glad the small drops of Sugru on my X-T1 buttons comes off easily.
  • Playback view selection is multiple presses of the Back button and not a two-button affair. Sadly, overexposure blinkies is not available on the larger views.
  • Formatting a card doesn't require menu navigation. Nice
  • latch on the card door.

My only concern is whether I can learn all the functions well enough to use them in the field before X-T3 comes out. I keep the manual on my iPhone for brain freezes when there's only a few moments when the light is right.

"Formatting a card doesn't require menu navigation. Nice"

I never had an XT1 so have no basis for comparison, but as far as I can tell, you have to go into user settings to access the 'format' command. And it is not available to be added to 'my menu'. Am I missing a shortcut? 

"Formatting a card doesn't require menu navigation. Nice"

I never had an XT1 so have no basis for comparison, but as far as I can tell, you have to go into user settings to access the 'format' command. And it is not available to be added to 'my menu'. Am I missing a shortcut? 

Hold the delete button down for a couple of seconds and click the rear wheel