Editing programs for xt2

jdam21

I also use Capture One (V9.1.1) as my primary photo software. Since C1 still only has preliminary support for Fuji X-Pro2 (no lens profiles, no film simulations), I am also looking at Iridient Developer and Affinity Photo specifically for Fuji raw files. Both seem to round trip well from C1, and Iridient has both film simulations and lens profile adjustments. Iiridient 3.1.1 Beta supports X-T2 (and X-Pro2). 

• 11 months later...

Affinity doesn't yet know about Fuji film simulations. I downloaded SilkyPix Developer Studio 8, this does know about the film simulations and works very well, is fast and I currently am testing it by exporting to TIF files. 

I don't think that there is any serious issue with development in the latest CC version of Lightroom. I have Iridient X Transformer which is supposed to be better but you have to be pixel peeping to see the difference. That is my experience anyway, although I know that some others seem to have issues with Lightroom. You might like to consider whether you want the cataloguing capabilities of Lightroom and Photoshop (you get that with the CC subscription too). If not, and if you don't like the rental aspect of Lightroom CC then iridient Developer might be the way to go.

I use on1Photo Raw  seems to do the job just fine

also from what I have gleaned on the internet and other photo forums its the Jpegs above 16meg which have the problem with X-T2

I don't get any problems with raw files in LR/  then I have LR set to not DeNoise/on startup as it adds 25% when you first open LR

but you can set a default to stop it from de-noising/sharpening when it starts  that's what I do and it works for me

I use on1 for de-noising

Tom G  Scotland

Capture One Pro will support X-T2 RAF files shortly. It has always handled Fuji X RAW files well for me in the past so I have high hopes.

You mean it will have the same Fujifilm film simulations available as in Lightroom? I hope so, I want to get away from the subscription model and Adobe software entirely. Periodically when I go to start Lightroom or Photoshop, I get a message telling me either is corrupt and cannot be restarted. Which means by trial and error, I need to log out and back into my Desktop, then the stupid programs works. This has been known about for ages but not fixed. It is a minor thing yes, annoying nevertheless, especially the first time when one wonders what the heck.

Edited by Him

Affinity doesn't yet know about Fuji film simulations. I downloaded SilkyPix Developer Studio 8, this does know about the film simulations and works very well, is fast and I currently am testing it by exporting to TIF files. 

SilkyPix Studio 8 does some very nice work, BUT I do not see anywhere within the whole program where one can choose the Fujifilm film simulations.

I was under the impression that the Fuji film simulations were only applied to raw files IN camera to jpegs made IN camera.

Roger

No they can be applied for import/export also in Lightroom. SilkyPix Studio Pro 8 is supposed to have them for RAW or JPG files. Capture One also uses them.

Until I saw this thread, I'd been fairly happy with Lightroom CC, despite it being slow. I'd tried Capture 1 Pro 10 as well but being "LR" conditioned, I had trouble in adapting to it's layout. I then downloaded a copy of X-transformer this morning and had a quick play. I checked an image from LR and also from X-transformer, both at 100% and the improvement in definition in X-transformer seems quite substantial. I may be tempted to change my workflow to include this.

Whilst I'm on - I use Topaz Denoise but the presets on there only seem to recognise Fuji X100T , not the XT-2. Does anyone have a workround, other than Custom manual settings?

Edited by Piano

Here is another very neat application that comes with a 15$ extra X-Pack of Fuji Film Simulation! http://picktorial.com currently 39.99 instead of 69.99$. I downloaded the trail yesterday and bought the X-Pack.

Application works very well, yes it is not as complex as Capture One, Lightroom or even SilkyPix, however it does what they say, it is easy to use, navigate and get good results with. Isn't that what it is all about?