Stolen FujiFilm XT-2 + Lenses (Rotterdam, Netherlands) PLEASE HELP!!!

ReciprocityImages

Hi fellow Fuji shooters…

Yesterday morning (September 15) my camera bag with my entire kit was stolen from the Grote Markt outside of the Markthal in Rotterdam. My brand new Fujifilm X-T2 and five Fujinon XF lenses, Lee filters, etc were inside of a LowPro Event Messenger bag. All of my gear gone in a flash, not to mention all of the photos on my SD cards from four long days of work! I am devastated and heartbroken!

I am really crushed and do not know what I can do. I know it is really a long shot, but I have to write anyway. I am simply trying to get the word out to as many people as possible. If you could possibly keep an eye out in case you see or hear about anything, and pass along word to anyone else you can think of, especially anyone in the Netherlands/Rotterdam, other Fuji X shooters, camera clubs, keep an eye on classified listings for anything suspicious… I would be very grateful for any small help you might be able to offer.

In case you might see anyone trying to sell an unboxed Fuji X-T2 or Fuji lenses near Rotterdam in the next days or weeks. I want to ask you to please try and get any information that is possible and either contact me or else the Rotterdam Police directly. I have the serial numbers available for all items, and can describe exactly what was inside of the bag. Very generous reward and no questions asked if returned to me…

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jason Langley

Edited by ReciprocityImages

First and foremost my sympathy and best wishes to find your camera and equipment back.

Of course the first thing to do, you’ve already done. Hopefully you were insured? Travel insurances normally cover these risks. I take, from your name, that you are not a Dutch National, if you were on a trip you may have been insured.

Also, if you bought the camera and lenses witha credit card you may have insurance (even against theft) for up to 3 years.

The website marktplaats.nl is the most import place where secondhand items are offered in the Netherlands but thieves are not likely to be advertising this camera there.

Unfortunately, many thieves these days everywhere in Europe, are no longer local thieves but more often than not they belong to groups which move between the countries and are just as likely to be in the Netherlands today and tomorrow who knows where. So, even if your camera was stolen in Rotterdam it will be highly unlikely that it would resurface there. Especially if it was stolen in a place where many tourists come, I am inclined to think that the thieve would not be a local man or woman.

This post will serve your purpose much better if you were to publish, here, all the serial numbers of all the stolen equipment.

Then not only Dutch members MIGHT keep an eye open but the rest of the members too, because it is way more likely that this will be sold in some other part of Europe (or even the world if they are internet savvy) .