Battery grip problems

Weebleville

Has anyone else had any problem with the front piece of the power boost grip, the piece that covers the original grip? With mine, when I use it he camera with either the 100-400mm lens or the 50-140mm lens, the weight of the lens forces the front piece of the battery grip to move away from the actual camera grip. In other words, if this small insignificant piece of plastic were to come away or fail, the the whole grip whilst using the camera would be affected, possibly leading the the camera being dropped. The front plastic part is quite easy to move now. I find this quite disconcerting, and just wondered if anyone else had had similar problems before sending the grip back.

Agreed.

Letting the 55-140 hang from my fingers, with all the weight on the upper "strut" and holding with my fingers causes a gap between booster and camera body and feels as if it is pulling away/beginning to bend.

That piece is molded plastic attached to the booster, not one solid piece.

We shall see...

Peter

Talking of the 55-140, I'm just now discovering the clunking and whirring noises that come from it (that's what I get for sitting down in a quiet room to get to know it better). After some searching online, it seems this is common for the lens. Not quite what I was expecting, but the results are great.

Yes, I have the 50-140/2.8 and it can be noisy with its humming and clunking.  But it's not an issue for most.  I have used it in a quiet church during ceremony but only I hear it because it is by my head when I engage the auto-focus and VR.   People notice the shutter sound when taking pic's more than the humming and clunking it makes when being used.  I find the shutter to be quite quiet compared to my old Nikon full frame kit.  And the shutter sounds are normal for a photographer working through a wedding ceremony, so no one gives it a second glance.  

LOL ... I'm more concerned of the floor creaking (commonly does when it is very quiet in a church) when I walk around than my gear making noise.   :)

Edited by Adam Woodhouse

I just got my x-t2 I thought I could charge the in body battery through the grip but it didn't charge?!?!

You can charge the batteries in the grip via the supplied charger. 

The battery in the BODY can be charged via the camera USB port.

That is independent of one another.

(BTW: The USB charging will stop if the computer goes to sleep)