Which SD Cards

mvlow

For those of you that have already received your X-T2, I was wondering what your experience has been so far with using different speed SD cards.  

I have several 32 GB Sandisk  Extreme Pro UHS-I cards from my Nikon system that I intend to start using on my X-T2 when it arrives.  I had thought about getting a couple of Sandisk 32 GB Extreme PRO UHS II cards to take advantage of the extra speed allowed by the X-T2, but when I saw they are $64 each instead of $21 each for the ones I currently have, I am reconsidering.

Most of my shooting will be single shot which will not require the extra speed, with occasional continuous high action shots.  What has your experience been so far with either speed of cards under varying shooting conditions?

I have the X-T2 with 2 cards LEXAR UHS-II 2000x. One is 64Gb in slot 1 for lossless compressed RAW, the other is 32Gb in slot 2 for JPEGs.

Coming from an X-E2, this is another world....

After filling the buffer at 11fps (after 3/4 seconds), the buffer is quickly emptied.

I've read before the launch that shooting at 5fps with this configuration (UHS-II cards, compressed raw on one card and JPEG on the other) give an endless buffer... and this is true, I was not able to fill the buffer (but maybe after 1 minute of shooting....)

I may post a video of the performances if you really need one ;-)