AE/AF LOCK XT-2

Gaz55

Ok I think I must be thick have read the manuel but what i want is when iI press the AE or AF button it stays lock till i take the shot so can move the camera around to anther point but theses stay locked to the !st time I pressed them HELP!!!

You can set the buttons to either lock/engage and stay locked/engaged when you briefly press and release the button ... then press it again and it unlocks/dis-engages.  Or you can set it that it is only locked/engaged when you press and hold the button in.   I prefer the latter one.  I like it to only engage when I'm pressing the button. 

You can set it to do one or the other. Just like on the XT-1.

Look at Page 91 in the manual (English manual).

Edited by Adam Woodhouse

Ok I have tried and tried to sort this out  but just can't get it to work like my XT-1

If someone knows and can send me the steps to it it would let me go to sleep tonight

I want be able to press the AE-L button and the expo stays locked on like i have set on my XT-1

but all I can seem to set it to only hold expo while the button is pressed. I have look at page 91 but can not get this to work

Please help Its driving me mad :angry:

• 1 month later...

This has driven me mad for a month now.

I cannot get the AF-L button to work as on my X-T1. When I press it I want it to focus (with the green confirmation focus point) and remained locked until I press it again. What it is doing is focusing but not locking instead acting like switch to obtain focus only while pressing.

I most definitely have the Fn/AE-L/AF-L Button Setting in the Set Up tab selected to "AE & AF On/Off Switch". Under AF-L button setting I have selected AF-ON as AF LOCK ONLY simply locks the focus without first getting focus.

Does anyone else have this experience and any thoughts on how to make this work?

Thanks for any help.