Software

Jake Hall

Ok, so I know this is a discussion that constantly comes up when people talk about software for Fuji - Lightroom vs iridient and so on, but I'm not overly worried about that extra bit of sharpness from iridient (though it would be nice if Lightroom was on par). My main issue is the colours. I love Fuji colours. I love playing with the in-camera film simulations while shooting but I hate the fact that they don't carry over with the raw file. I mean, I know Lightroom has those profiles but they just aren't the same and I'm certainly not about to start shooting jpeg. It just seems like a huge gap in the Fuji ecosystem that needs filling.

I'd certainly pay for software that had the workflow and usability of lightroom, sharpness of Iridient and colour information that transfers from the camera...

Could this happen, or am I dreaming?

It's a balance at the moment, until LR get things just right for Fuji XF sensor or the other catching up to Adobe level of user usability/features.

I picked my poison and stayed with LR as I love their file management system and usage of tags. For the rest, I can live with it. It's not perfect, specially for the greens, so I just need to keep an eye about that part and live with the rest.

I love Fuji colours. I love playing with the in-camera film simulations while shooting but I hate the fact that they don't carry over with the raw file. I mean, I know Lightroom has those profiles but they just aren't the same...

Here is recent Fuji film simulation comparison with Adobe - https://fujilove.com/fujifilms-film-simulation-modes-and-what-they-are-actually-doing-to-your-images/ and I should admit that Adobe is not that bad.

Under "Camera calibration" on the "develop" tab.

Are using adobe standard or one of the Fuji profiles?

Adobe Standard. I changed to PROVIA/STANDARD now but the foliage is still the same.

fU04mVW.png

Download the RAW and see if you get different result. The link is in the description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XlgVtnjyxk

Edited by Hermelin

Unfortunately, I am at work and down have a monitor that is even close to calibrated but this is what it looks like with nothing but a little bit of white balance + provia/standard applied.

Obviously, it could be made to look better with more adjustments.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!