Silencing my noisy Domke bag!

I love my new Domke bag, but the velcro is way too noisy. I know there are lots of similar discussions out there and techniques on silencing noisy velcro on camera bags, I thought i'd share mine. It is cheap, simple, and quick to revert back when needed.

1. Get a piece of felt - (try and get wool felt instead of polyester, as it has more 'sticking' potential with velcro). I got a small sheet from ebay that cost me about £1.50. Cut to appropriate size.

Domke Bag 1

2. Take a wire brush, and firmly run it over the surface of the velcro a few times to loosen the fibres. Without this stage, the felt will not stick well at all.

Domke Bag 2

3. Simply stick to exposed velcro and you are good to go. Silent bag. 

Domke Bag 3

It is then super quick and easy to remove the felt and put it in the bag if you want to go back to the full on velcro.

Hardly ground breaking, but I thought i'd share anyway in case someone else out there would benefit from this!  :)

Sorry Bobcat your article is interesting but the pictures a very small and when I click on them to see an enlarged view I get told I don't have permission.

Please post bigger pictures

Hi Mike,

Sorry about that - I had inadvertently made the images private so they couldn't be clicked on... this should be fixed now. As for them displaying small in the post, not sure how to change that to be honest - that's just how they appeared when I inserted them.

Thanks

Gareth