XT1 and XT2 users

ArtPage

dear X-friends .. To be honest I believe xt2 is made for coverting sport photography as well as videography. Although 24 mp sensor is better that 16 but not much different on result if you know how to set your camera, high quality double A2 size or even lorger print is possible with xt1. On the other hand since fuji on xt1 presenting features of photography and videography together with some new ones like touchscreen after x70 of course, seems xt1 after years corrections and developed system, personally i cannot trust xt2 atleast for 6 to 12 months, to upgrade all possible bugs and confusions. what do you think?

ArtPage, it sounds very much like that you don't trust Fuji to offer continuos support to the X-T2, going by Fuji's past history with their products, I think you are mistaken. In fact past history of Fuji support would suggest that they will indeed support the X-T2, there is no reasonable reason to not purchase an X-T2 if you will want to buy one in the future!

I still suspect that there is not a camera made that is without some teething troubles, nowadays that is not so much of a problem as the majority can be solved with a firmware update!

ArtPage, it sounds very much like that you don't trust Fuji to offer continuos support to the X-T2, going by Fuji's past history with their products, I think you are mistaken. In fact past history of Fuji support would suggest that they will indeed support the X-T2, there is no reasonable reason to not purchase an X-T2 if you will want to buy one in the future!

I still suspect that there is not a camera made that is without some teething troubles, nowadays that is not so much of a problem as the majority can be solved with a firmware update!

thank you Mike for your comment. actually i do support xt2 (that is why i am opening this topic discussion here!) to talk about professional reasons, features, techniques, etc not only the marketing and sales issues.

However, as you said according the history of fujifilm, everything would be alright through updating firmware's versions, since every product is the result of the previous one with years and years trails and errors.

on the other hand, i believe if somebody is not completely familiar to xt1, buying xt2 will be confusing for beginning X photography. it means xt1 atleast is the best entry for professional Photography rather than xt2 for the first step.

also if somebody doesn't need to photograph for sport (and its related required features like variations of AF-C and Focus points group, etc.) i don't think needs to shift from xt1 to xt2 immediately (it means still i am supporting good enough xt1 for professional Photography with holy triangle lenses of 10-24, 16-55, 50-140). 

it is just about the right time-plan of buying xt2.

what do you think? 

ArtPage, I'm going to disagree, why is starting with a 2 any more complicated than starting with a 1, don't think it would be!

I started with a 1 because the 2 wasn't around, and came to like the 1 very much, but I am still hankering for the 2, hopefully only until Thursday, by starting my Fuji system months ago I properly have enough glass with which to adorn a 2(no doubt GAS will kick in soonish) oh dear.

For somebody starting out there is no point in buying a 1 any longer why not go directly to a 2! OK it will take a month or two for the supplies of X-T2s to sort themselves out, but my advice is go straight for the 2!

Regards

Mike

PS: My lens list is as follows most financed by PXing my Nikon gear: 10-24, 18-55, 18-135, 50-140, 60 + 56!

Edited by Mike G