X-T2 Amazon order to be delivered Sept 8th

jshute

Looks like Amazon is going to ship my X-T2 and power booster to ARRIVE on Sept 8th.

Order July 22nd and paid for 1 day shipping and Prime.

From email today:

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)"
    Estimated arrival date: September 08, 2016

Order Page:

Pre-ordered

Delivery estimate: Thursday, September 8, 2016 by 8pm
51AF%2BLmrzKL._SX90_.jpg
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$1,599.00

Release date: Thursday, September 8, 2016

Delivery estimate: Thursday, September 8, 2016 by 8pm
41YC6iPGRsL._SX90_.jpg
FUJIFILM
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$329.99

Release date: Thursday, September 8, 2016

Sadly B&H has decided they are NOT shipping till the 8th. I ordered next day MORNING delivery so Friday morning will have to work. The grips are arriving the 9th so hopefully will ship the following Monday with the batteries I ordered as well. So I'll have to do my evaluation without a grip over the weekend assuming they get enough to fulfill the pre order list where I am at this time. They said to call Wednesday to see if I'm on that list and good to go. Painfully enough the 16-55 f2.8 I ordered with it wasn't in stock but was 7-14 days away when they ordered it a week ago, so said it "might be possible" that it would arrive in time to ship with the camera. Guess I'll see soon enough. I already ordered the 50-140 f2.8, 10-24 f4 OIS and 100-400, and even got in on the 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverter deals. Should be fun to check all that out once it happens.

Sorry to hear that B&H is not matching Amazon on this. It was the first time i have seen it done with something I have ordered and thought it was a really neat way to honor the release date embargo but get the item to the customer fast. I have heard or it being done with mobile/cell phone releases before. On the other hand, I have also seen preorders in the cell phone world received AFTER people that ordered the day of shipping release. Weird world.

For me, online has been the only way to get Fuji stuff. My local photography store only recently started carrying them.

Good luck in your quest and enjoy your new camera/photography tool/toy ;-)

It looks like B&H got their delivery. I just noticed my status changed to "In stock, order sent to warehouse Expedited Delivery  ".  Had a quick chat with an online agent and he seemed adamant that it would ship for delivery on the 8th or the 9th without next day air. 

It looks like B&H got their delivery. I just noticed my status changed to "In stock, order sent to warehouse Expedited Delivery  ".  Had a quick chat with an online agent and he seemed adamant that it would ship for delivery on the 8th or the 9th without next day air. 

Ah! Mine is still "On order". Crud. 

Good news, bad news....

The X-T2 camera has a tracking number that is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. :-)

But.....

The Power booster got kicked back to a pre-order status with no delivery date :-(

Should be interesting to see what the Amazon site says tomorrow on stock and availability.

I'm curious, nuetz—when did you get your pre-order in for B&H?

Good news, bad news....

The X-T2 camera has a tracking number that is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. :-)

But.....

The Power booster got kicked back to a pre-order status with no delivery date :-(

Should be interesting to see what the Amazon site says tomorrow on stock and availability.

Same thing happened for me, but Adorama says they have the power grips in stock, so I ordered one from them and cancelled the grip from Amazon