Main Difference Between X-T2 and A7II

Aswald

Interesting read, but I believe it still comes down to personal preferences and what you want to accomplish with your camera.  Both cameras are great cameras, but each is designed to perform a little better at one task over another.  In the case of these two I doubt the performance difference is that great.  

The A7II is said to have the better IQ, but the XT-2 keeps right up there with it in a lot of aspects.  

The XT-2 is said to be better designed for Sports and Wildlife, but the the A7II keeps right up there with it in a lot of aspects.

My curiosity sits in the idea of IBIS.  I have never used a camera that had IBIS so it would be interesting to give the Sony a try.  A have to wonder how much difference there is with the Image Stabilization in the camera verses the lens.  That could make for an interesting comparison and likely would vary between brands.

Interesting read, but I believe it still comes down to personal preferences and what you want to accomplish with your camera.  Both cameras are great cameras, but each is designed to perform a little better at one task over another.  In the case of these two I doubt the performance difference is that great.  

The A7II is said to have the better IQ, but the XT-2 keeps right up there with it in a lot of aspects.  

The XT-2 is said to be better designed for Sports and Wildlife, but the the A7II keeps right up there with it in a lot of aspects.

My curiosity sits in the idea of IBIS.  I have never used a camera that had IBIS so it would be interesting to give the Sony a try.  A have to wonder how much difference there is with the Image Stabilization in the camera verses the lens.  That could make for an interesting comparison and likely would vary between brands.

You are absolutely right. Both are outstanding cameras.

I use the OMD EM1. My sentiment with it is akin a very good IS or VR. Unless you plan to use lots of manual or 3rd party lenses, I wouldn't say that it trumps over lens stabilization. I think the objective was to make their lenses smaller and to enable non stabilized lenses to be used.

Unfortunately IBIS on the Sony didn't dissuade me from deciding on the Fujifilm for the time being.

IBIS does really sound interesting, especially when it comes to shoot video and pair the camera with old lenses.

Now that Fuji seems to undertake the video territory as well, I hope they will consider IBIS for their next cameras.

I've presented this possibility to them before. Their answer was, "No". When probed, "There are issues with ibis" but they admitted that ibis itself was a great idea. Again, they stressed that their priority was picture quality above all else within their x system.

I've presented this possibility to them before. Their answer was, "No". When probed, "There are issues with ibis" but they admitted that ibis itself was a great idea. Again, they stressed that their priority was picture quality above all else within their x system.

Well, picture quality is definitely there, so now they can start thinking to the other features :)

Shouldn't they be focusing on lenses??? [...]

There have been some slight advances in their G line lenses, mostly overpriced F2.8 zoom lenses and maybe a 85mm prime for portait but yes, it is still severely lacking, there are lot of primes that overlap with others since Zeiss is also making lenses for them.

The number of available lenses is really important when you are going into a camera system, I have to admit that m4/3 got me really interested due to vast amount of lenses with a lot of them being primes but Fuji won me over with the X-T1.