L Bracket for X-T2???

Sarawak

I have 2 of them from RRS and 2 X-T2's.  The L Plates from RRS work well and one great thing they fixed was the annoying lack of clearance on the plates for the X-Pros.  One used to have to buy a separate spacer to get the necessary cable clearance. Now, to go portrait, you use the wrench (held on by a magnet) and loosen 2 screws and the plate that goes on the tripod slides away from the body thus allowing for the shutter cable.  It works very well.

As usual with a lot of these forums, there is a lot of misinformation that does not help anyone.  I shoot X-T2 and X-Pro2.  I use RRS L brackets on each of them.  They are different brackets, but they both work for portrait mode, but there is a difference.  As I initially said, the L Bracket for the X-T2 has a slide on the bottom that allows the small side of the L (the one you want to use for portrait mounting) to slide out allowing room for clearance of the shutter release cable.  Also, there is no issue with battery access.  Here are two pictures that hopefully dispel any misinformation about this (I did not clean the screen, etc., as I am leaving on a trip and am short of time):

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I ran out of room on the prior post I think because of photo size, but here is the attachment RRS makes for the X-Pro 2 bracket I have (I would not be surprised if they have updated the oroginal model to make it slide like the one for the X-T2.  It is another piece of equipment to carry, but not a big deal.  Here are 2 pictures of it:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI - I noticed today (1/3/17) that Adorama is currently offering two versions of the Sunwayfoto bracket for the X-T2.

I have the PFL-XT2 (full base) which I ordered directly from China. It's interesting that Adorama is selling that version as it was my understanding it was made for sale everywhere but the USA due to a "so called" patent by RRS which they assert covers all 2 piece L-brackets. I guess the USPO considers screwing one piece of metal to another patent worthy. Another Sunwayfoto importer has told me they won't order any 2 piece L-bracket for any camera for the USA. A different small US manufacturer has discontinued producing all of their 2 piece L-brackets. I've been told prior art exists for this type of design, but the threat of litigation is way too expensive for a market which is pretty small.

Anyways, I've had the bracket for a while and have been writing a extremely detailed review and comparing it with the RRS BXT2. Not sure everyone is interested of this level of detail, but when I publish it, I'll come back and give a link. The TL;DR version is that it's a perfectly nice L-bracket at 1/3 the price of RRS. In general I'd recommend it, but if you do a lot of portrait mode tethered shooting on a tripod, the RRS BXT2 is a better choice. I don't know if the extender products from RRS (CRS) and Kirk (LBA-1) will fit the PFL-XT2, but if they do it might work for those situations as well, but you're then 2/3 of the way to cost of a BXT2 and it's another piece to carry. The PFL-XT2 will fit a Canon shutter release and still fit in an Arca clamp. It's a bit of cable threading gymnastics to get it in there and pushed in the socket, but it works and isn't too bad. There are also several other nits I have with their design, but nothing that the right split ring can't address. Since I use Peak Design anchors I wanted an attachment solution which doesn't use the X-T2 triangular split rings.

I wonder which model of L-bracket is better, Sunwayfoto offers one with the full baseplate (Similar to RRS) and another with half of baseplate (Similar to Kirk). Which one is better? Amy thought?

I like the full base version as you can place it on a table without concern for knocking it and having it sit awkwardly at an angle. Also like the ability to only have the base. The one piece is probably more rigid.

I wonder which model of L-bracket is better, Sunwayfoto offers one with the full baseplate (Similar to RRS) and another with half of baseplate (Similar to Kirk). Which one is better? Amy thought?

I have the Sunwayfoto L-Bracket (full baseplate) for my X-T1, and it works great.  I ordered the X-T2 version from Adorama at least a month ago, but it's still on back order.  Maybe they'll start getting them now the Chinese New Year is finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know where I can find a handgrip for X-T2 like this one for X-T1 ? I don't like the Fuji official one and need a L-Bracket.

I find this one : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/for-Fujifilm-Fuji-X-T2-XT2-L-Plate-Bracket-Quick-Release-Metal-with-Hand-Grip-/272562155401?hash=item3f75f86f89:g:PokAAOSwCU1YqdBu

Edited by Pierre