L Bracket for X-T2???

Sarawak

Hello. First post on here.

I have been running an X-T1 for some years now. Almost certainly will buy the T2 when it comes out.

I like to use an L bracket, although I could get away with just a base plate if pushed. When I try and fit a standard Arca clamp to my T1 the battery door is covered. The door is only clear if I use an L bracket with the appropriate cut out.

Does anyone know what is happening with L brackets for the T2? I don't want to have to remove the base plate every time a battery needs changing.

I presume that someone in darkest China is working on new brackets, or is the difference in size so minimal that a bracket from the T1 will still fit?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.com/Release-LB-XT2-L-Plate-Bracket-Fujifilm/dp/B01M8IB1L9/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1476676202&sr=1-1&keywords=Setto+x-t2

Have one on order, I hope its as nice as the newer one I had for my x-t1...

I think the RRS is overpriced and a looks a little bulkier...

Damn. That's USA and post will be stoopid to this side of the pond.

Just talked to the folks at Sunwayfoto and they plan to have theirs available late October, early November. Waiting to hear back from the Markins folks. Kirk finally has theirs in stock.

That's very good. I spoke to the UK distributors and they told me that Sunwayphoto had no intention of making one. Looks like they've changed their minds.

Damn. That's USA and post will be stoopid to this side of the pond.

The Bracket is shipped from China Majnland according to the text from the seller. It also has no Shopping costs worldwide. So I think ist makes no difference where you are. I tried it and ordered mine. I live in Germany and used my german Amazon account for this without any problems.

The Bracket is shipped from China Majnland according to the text from the seller. It also has no Shopping costs worldwide. So I think ist makes no difference where you are. I tried it and ordered mine. I live in Germany and used my german Amazon account for this without any problems.

Thank you for your help. I've just tried to order through my Amazon UK account and am getting nowhere fast. I e-mailed them when I saw this post but have had no reply, so it doesn't look too good. Shucks.

I have been looking around for a L bracket, just like the one I used on my XT1 which only cost $14 from China. sadly this Co do not have one for the XT2.  Having had a close look at the XT1 bracket it is very easy to make it fit the XT2.  Drill out the the center tripod hole to 13mm dia to half the depth of the bracket and fit the attachment screw to this center hole. Then file the metal to make Clarence for the memory card door to open.  Approximately 1mm.  Well that's the theory haven't got any free time at the mo. There are other options to fit the bracket instead of having to use a 13mm dia drill  - drill out half the depth of thread and countersink the the hole then instead of using the nice chrome bolt a countersink bolt cut to the correct depth would do, hex socket best.  Sorry photos later. But I thought I might set you checking to see if your XT1 bracket might fit the XT2.

Just awaiting mine from : https://www.amazon.co.uk/First2savvv-Release-Fujifilm-anti-lost-LLX-XT2-01/dp/B01MG1U7N8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477398476&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+x-t2+l+bracket

Will post again when it has arrived.

**Update 31/10/16

Picked this up today and it fits perfectly to the XT-2. All the doors/flaps and LCD etc are accessible and open without clipping the bracket. Both Portrait and Landscape orientation fits my arca-plate on my tripod no problems either.

The screw to mount to camera didn't seem to take many turns to tighten, so will have to keep an eye out on that one but it seems pretty solid.

Edited by RabidBrain

5280Pics

I own two, X-T2's. one with a grip and one without a grip.    I just received two L brackets from RRS.  One for unit with grip and one for unit with no grip.   The workmanship of design and quality of built is excellent.   Both are comfortable to the touch/hold when hand holding.  The brackets do not interfere with any of the moveable parts on the camera bodies.    They are a little bit pricey especially with the dollar conversion. BUT......in the end they are worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Luismanibarro, you say that vertical shooting is impossible due to the door extending beyond the bracket. Whilst this is true, it is not important. Even if the door was accomodated how would you mount the camera on the tripod head with a remote release cable hanging out? Fuji have an answer to this on the X-t2. Just use an old fashioned cable release on the release button. Such a release is better anyway because if you open the door and fit an electronic release you will compromise the weather sealing. I wouldn't trust an electronic release in rain.

• 2 weeks later...

At the weekend I was shown a modified Chinese L bracket. Solid as a rock. The cost is apparently half that of the Kirk and a fraction of the RRS bracket. Works in portrait mode with 90 degree or straight connectors. I've asked the guy who did the mod to do one for me. My friend said that he had a "Eureka" moment when looking at his and trying to work out the cable problem. I have to agree that the solution is perhaps too obvious and that's why no-one has thought of it before. Thinking outside the box and all that stuff. Hope to have mine in a week or so. Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

At the weekend I was shown a modified Chinese L bracket. Solid as a rock. The cost is apparently half that of the Kirk and a fraction of the RRS bracket. Works in portrait mode with 90 degree or straight connectors. I've asked the guy who did the mod to do one for me. My friend said that he had a "Eureka" moment when looking at his and trying to work out the cable problem. I have to agree that the solution is perhaps too obvious and that's why no-one has thought of it before. Thinking outside the box and all that stuff. Hope to have mine in a week or so. Looking forward to i

Maybe he/you can show us some pictures?