Capture One Pro 9 Film Simulations incl. ACROS

For all of you, struggling how to import them into Capture One:

Copy them to Macintosh HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Restart Capture One. You will find them in Base Characteristics.

The Import Process in Capture One will not work, because they are not made with Capture One itself.

This mighty be the reason why Capture One will freeze for some time at the beginning. Don't close the App. Just wait. It seems to take some time. 

I closed my App. Damn. My catalog it's broke or something. I have to use the last automatic backup but I've lost all of my preview.

But yes, profiles works.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also unable to get the profiles to work with CO Pro 10. They show in the Dropdown list, but when I select any of them, the selection reverts to "ICC" and the image becomes greyscale. They are however still working perfectly with CO Pro 9. 

Anyone has any clue what I should do? I've reinstalled CO Pro 10, reinstalled the ICC profiles, but the problem persists. 

On my system (Mac Pro-Sierra) everything is in order with CO Pro 10

On mine (maxed out iMac 5k with Sierra), everything is working fine, too...

Mine is also a maxed out iMac 5k with Sierra. Got it working. My main archive is a huuuuge C1 Catalog. When applying profiles to a picture C1 is giving me the beachball.

If I create a fresh session/catalog - everything is OK :)

Edited by DrLaban

Anyone getting these to work with the new Capture One Pro v10 ?

My mac running the new C1 v10 is giving me the beachball when I select any of the custom X-T1 profiles :(

Just be patient. The Profiles are not made with C1. So it takes some time to adopt it, every time you start C1. The Beachball comes 2 or 3 times, then you are good to go. 

DON'T QUIT THE APP DURING BEACHBALL!!! You'll risk a damage of your catalog!

Mine is also a maxed out iMac 5k with Sierra. Got it working. My main archive is a huuuuge C1 Catalog. When applying profiles to a picture C1 is giving me the beachball.

If I create a fresh session/catalog - everything is OK :)

+1! Same here!

5K with maximum configuration. The bigger the catalog, the longer the beachball appears. 2-3 times, then your are good to go. I guess C1 applies the profiles to all of the images. Remember, "factory default" C1 comes with only 1 profile!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I install the profiles in a different way (have done this since they first came out)

In applications I choose Capture One (now version 10Pro) and in the large alias right click and choose "show package contents" then go to the input profiles folder

using the path: contents/frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/input and copy them to this input folder.

The Profiles must be in the correct format otherwise Capture One will not recognize them. Cleaned up of extra information. I am uploading a few as examples

When they are inserted in this way they show up for the specific camera along with the generic profile for that camera in the dropdown menu

I install the profiles in a different way (have done this since they first came out)

In applications I choose Capture One (now version 10Pro) and in the large alias right click and choose "show package contents" then go to the input profiles folder

using the path: contents/frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/input and copy them to this input folder.

The Profiles must be in the correct format otherwise Capture One will not recognize them. Cleaned up of extra information. I am uploading a few as examples

When they are inserted in this way they show up for the specific camera along with the generic profile for that camera in the dropdown menu

I follow the same process.  ;)

What do you mean when you say "cleaned up of extra information"?

Thanks

Edited by marpar

I follow the same process.  ;)

What do you mean when you say "cleaned up of extra information"?

Thanks

When I downloaded the latest profiles they looked like this: FujiXT1-1. Provia (X-Pro2).icm.

to have them recognized in C1 10PRO on my Mac running OS X 10.11.6 I had to correct them to: FujiXT1-Provia (X-Pro2).icm

for me the beach-ball problem is solved:

I removed all the film simulation profiles from the ...\library\colorsync directory (I am on CO10 latest version)

put them in the app container as suggested by archidss, on 11 Jan 2017 - 8:03 PM (above here).

Also removed the extraneous spaces from the filenames, (left the numbers in place) and renamed the extension from icc to icm (so: FujiXPro2-1.Provia.icm)

​restarted the computer, starting CO the first time took a bit longer. Profiles appeared in the recommend profile list and could be applied instantaneous, without any spinning beachball while using a large database (120k+ images, 180 GB)

after closing and restarting CO again I had a normal CO10 start-up time, profiles in the recommended list could be applied instantaneous without any spinning beachball.

Still in contact with Phase One on this.

Hans.

• 2 months later...

@fleckintosh and @Ario: The result is awesome! Thanks a lot!

I compared these film simulations with the C1 Extended Filmstyle Set. The result is much more subtle and much better aligned to the JPEGs straight from the camera. I definitively recommend using these styles, not the ones from C1.

The procedure is a bit complex, so let me summarize for all the newcomers. The result will be, that these great Fuji film simulations provided by fleckinthosh are saved as C1 ICC profiles, specific for your camera (X-T1, X-Pro2, X-T2) and can be used regulary in C1 under Basic Characteristics without any hassles:

1) Download the ICC files from Dropbox-Download, either for X-T1 or X-Pro2 (look at the end of the file name for X-Pro2). I used the X-Pro2 files for my X-T2, because the X-T2 has the same sensor as the X-Pro2. So far, all works fine.

2) Copy the downloaded files to the correct C1 directory. The directory locations are:

On a Mac system the custom ICC profile will be located in: Users/UserX/Library/Colorsync/Profiles

On a Windows system the profiles will be located in: Users/UserX/AppData/CaptureOne/Color Profiles

3) Start C1, select a picture taken with the camera you want to save the film simulation for (i.e. X-T1, X-Pro2 or X-T2, depending on the files you downloaded)

4) Apply the desired profile to this picture (taken with the selected camera, i.e. X-T1, X-Pro2 or X-T2), by selecting this profile from Base Characteristics/ICC Profiles/Fuji/XT-1 (the tool Base Characteristics is in the Color Tool Tab)

5) Open the Advanced Color Editor

6) Save settings as ICC profile giving a useful name (the correct camera name is already there). I did use a naming as "FujiXT2-C_1.Provia", where "C" stands for "color", and "FujiXT2-B_1.Acros", with "B" for Black & White. With the numbering, all appears later in a nice order

7) Close C1, go to the Color Profiles directory and delete the temporary files (the ones downloaded)

8) Start C1 again, go to the Color Tool Tab and Base Characteristics, then choose under ICC Profiles the option only display recommended. Then only the ICC profiles matching the camera used will be shown and the list of ICC profiles becomes much shorter and better in overview

From then on, you can select the Fuji film style from Base Characteristic/ICC Profiles and the result is already shown in the picture, when the cursor is located over the style name. Because I do that very first, I have added the tool Base Characteristics in the Lens Correction Tool Tab, then I apply lens correction and film simulation in one go.

That's it.