darkshine231

My icelandic trip with my fuji x-pro2

Hello Everybody,

I don't come so often on the forum, but I'm always following the fujifilm news.

I Wanted to share some of my shots taken in iceland with my fujifilm x-pro2 and mostly the fujinon 10-24

/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png">

1) Aldeyjarfoss waterfall

2) Vik Church

3) Hvitserskur troll

Edited by darkshine231

4) Stokksness peninsula and vestrahorn mountain

5) Kirjufell waterfall

6) Jokullsarlon black beach

Other will follow soon.

Have a nice day ! 

Edited by darkshine231

Hello,

thanks for great feedback

Here are some more, I have published a gallery too :

7) Selandjefoss waterfall

8) Icelandic forest

Edited by darkshine231

12) Skogafoss waterfall

13) Hverir geothermal area

14) 

Edited by darkshine231

Wonderful images.  Just out of curiosity have you printed any and how would you say the print quality is holding up in comparison to the X-trans II sensors.  Can you "see" the extra 8mp?

Hello Naddan,

Actually I haven't print any of these, but it's planned to be done !

As they are composed as it, without being cropped, I hope to obtain the best result as possible.

But on my screen, they look more detailled as my "old" 5d Mk III 

/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png">

These are beautiful images.  Well done!  Can you explain the filtration you used for the long exposure images?

Also, how much time did you spend in each location?

Thanks and keep up the great shooting!

These are beautiful images.  Well done!  Can you explain the filtration you used for the long exposure images?

Also, how much time did you spend in each location?

Thanks and keep up the great shooting!

Hello,

I mostly used, LEE filter ND Grad 0.6 and 0.9, LEE polarizer 105, and often the LEE Little stopper.

For some location, I came twice, one to discover and think about what I want to do, and a second time to do the final shoot.

But I can say I spend 2 to 3 hours on each location per picture.

Have a nice day.

When were these images taken and did you go on a photo tour or do it by yourself. How long did you go for?

Beautiful images BTW///

Thank you !

The trip was from 26 may to 11 June, I didn't choose a photo tour because I wanted to be much independant as possible, and already had a long planification by my self

/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png">

Have a nice day.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AKXt2
      Hello Everyone, 
      I just picked up an XT2 and this is my first Fuji camera, really excited about using it. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos and reading forum post to familiarize myself with the camera and its settings. I am very impressed by the film simulations but really confused on how to use them in conjunction with RAW files. I was under the impression that if I shoot RAW+JPEG(Fine/Norma) with a film simulation selected (e.g. Chrome). Simulation is applied to JPEG only and RAW file is pure raw without any processing that I can edit however I want in post processing. But I took the camera out for the first time and realized the film simulation is applied to both JPEG and RAW. Is there a way to shoot with film simulation applied to JPEG but get unprocessed RAW files from XT2? 
      Thanks for everyone's help in advance! 
    • By 。。。DTB 。。。
      I created this slideshow of images that I took of a maiko walking around Miyagawacho, in Kyoto, this September. I edited all of the images in Capture One using Fujifilm's new film simulation, classic negative. When Fujifilm provides the X-T3 with classic negative via a future firmware update, I am sure it will be even better. However, I am liking the new film simulation already for street photos. What do you think of classic negative for your own photos?
      Fujifilm X-T3 , Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Fringer EF-FX Pro ii 

• By Herco
      I've just traded-in my X-T2 for an X-H1 since I like it ergonomics and IBIS. Normally I use CaptureOne for raw processing and occasionally ON1 Photo Raw. Their 2020 edition is a big improvement for Fuji shooters.
      However, I wanted to revisit a raw file from my X-T2 and run it again through the in-camera raw converter using X Raw Studio. Much to my surprise, the software didn't accept my X-H1 nor my X-Pro2 to process the X-T2 raw file. It needs to connect to an X-T2 (which I don't own anymore)!! In the user manual Fujifilm states: "Please note, the RAW conversion is only compatible with a RAW file taken by the same camera model as the camera connected to the computer. For example, if the connected camera is a FUJIFILM X-T2, the RAW file must be taken by a FUJIFILM X-T2." I was stunned...
      Is this me doing something wrong or just incredibly bad design by Fujifilm? I fully understand that an older camera can't process newer X-Trans CMOS4/X-Processor4  files. But all of my current camera's are X-Trans CMOS3 and X-Processor Pro just like the X-T2 with which I made the photos. I would expect compatibility to be depending on the sensor/processor combination (and pref some backwards compatibility as well for my X-Pro1 files), but not on the actual precise camera type?! This makes X Raw Studio useless when you update your camera. Clearly not a great business model...
    • By Sebastian_Warneke
      Hey guys,
      I had luck and got a 16-80mm just right before my holiday in Iceland. Now I'm back and would like to share some photos I took with it:

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Svartifoss / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Green / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Fjaðrárgljúfur / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Brunnhorn / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Skaftafell / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Dettifoss / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Ice / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Mountain light / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Stuðlafoss / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Vestrahorn / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr  
      and one with the 14mm prime lens:

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Búðir / Iceland by Sebastian Warneke, auf Flickr  
      Best regards,
      Sebastian