X Pro 2 vs XT-2 (if video is not important)

chouska

Just gathering opinions on this subject.  Looking to add a second body in  2016 to compliment my ciurent X Pro-2.  For those that have a 2 body setup how important is it to have the same camera?  Also, do you believe that the X Pro-2 will receive the same auto focus capabilities in the upcoming Kaizen firmware?  I'm not sure why it wouldn't considering the "guts" of the camera are the same, correct?

Cheers,
Chouska

For those that have a 2 body setup how important is it to have the same camera? 

Biggest pros of same bodies: same handling, same user interface, almost all the same.

Biggest pros of different bodies: possibility of weight/size optimization together with different lenses, cost savings on body with lesser features which are rare used probably, total pool of features is wider  

I'd go for the X-T2. It's superior to the X-Pro2 (except the HVF) and it's even cheaper!

Unless you really really want the HVF and Rangefinder style, the X-T2 is the way to go: more features, better AF-C, faster EVF refresh rate and shorter black out time with booster grip, dual USH-II card slot, better heat managment with new batteries (and 3 batteries with grip), 3 axes tilting screen, Panorama Mode (X-Pro2 has not) and so forth.

And did I mention you get all this for a smaller price? ;)

Moreover, according to Fujifilm, the X-Pro2 will get the new X-T2 AF alghorythm, but it won't include the AF-C Custom Settings, which seem to work really well according to the first reviews. So if you plan to shoot in AF-C, the X-T2 is the best choice.

Not cheaper in the UK (although only £50 more)

Regarding 2 different bodies, it depends on the job/circumstance.

If I wanted the photos to look exactly the same with minimal effort, having 2 camera of the same sensor generation would be best. (XPro2/XT2 or XT1/10/E2 etc)

I recently did an event and used an X-Pro1 and X-T10, different sensors, different lens, different settings and had no issues

Edited by Tikcus