If you have the 18-55 and the 35 f/2 what would your third and final lens be

Hermelin

That's a good 3 lens combo, but I'm only gonna be wanting to spend a lot on one lens (as for now). 16 + 56 or 90 are 2 expensive lenses. 18-55 + 35 + 90, is only one expensive lens.

And 18-55 lens will be good for travel and also if I wanna do some video recording because of the OIS. Another plus is the OIS for landscape night shooting.

The 16 is however a very exciting lens and if I would go for primes only I might reconsider my bugdet :P

Or, just 16 + 35 + upcoming 50 WR. 

1 expensive lens (16)

Edited by Hermelin

Don't underestimate the awesomeness of the XF 27mm! It's got a LOT going for it. VERY useful focal length. As sharp as can be. Tiny. Fast focusing. It's a real gem. 

B

I just see no need for it when I already have the 35 f/2 which is also sharp, fast focusing and small and very close in focal lenght

I just see no need for it when I already have the 35 f/2 which is also sharp, fast focusing and small and very close in focal lenght

I don't say I recommend one over another and agree the 27 wouldn't be the final lens, if that even exists, but they're definitely different. 27 and 35 mm fov are a pretty big difference, personally I prefer de wider 27mm fov and  the 34mm f/1.4 rendering ;) (I have both 27 2.8 and 35 1.4). Next to that it's less than half the weight and length of the 35mm f/2.0, on x-e models it's like a x100 camera. 

Since you're looking for a portrait lens I'd consider the 90mm since it also gives you more reach for other purposes. I think it's a great focal length.

Edited by Sluw

I just bought the occasion 14mm F/2.8 and I'm in haven. :D 

What a performance and what a quality.

Complete I would say,  The 14mm F/2.8, 35mm F1.4 and the 18-55mm F/2.8-4

What need a man more for in the city? Mabey a 50-140mm F/2.8 ???   :rolleyes:

I just bought the occasion 14mm F/2.8 and I'm in haven. :D

What a performance and what a quality.

Complete I would say,  The 14mm F/2.8, 35mm F1.4 and the 18-55mm F/2.8-4

What need a man more for in the city? Mabey a 50-140mm F/2.8 ???   :rolleyes:

Oh that one's still on my whishlist! I have the Samyang 12mm, which is great, but sometimes I think I prefer Fuji AF and build quality over the extra stop and wideangle.