Hello,

A few weeks ago I went to see some motocross event close to where I live. I have been there in the past, but this year was the first time with my X-T1. I brought along my XF18-55, the XF55-200 but also an adapted Leica Summilux-R. I have used this MF lens in the past on my Canon gear and its rendering is wonderful.

Focusing on fast moving subjects is pretty hard to do, so one has to use a different approach. Find a nice position along the track, where you can see the bikes coming. Prefocus on a piece of the track where you have possibility of a nice shot (e.g. after a hump, or in a bend). Set the f-stop to f/5.6 ~ f/11 for plenty DoF. Check the shutterspeed you get.

Longer ones give nicer motion blur, but your keeper rate will drop considerably. I try somthing between 1/125 and 1/400 depending on the speed of the bikes and curves in the track.

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7680/17744909122_17fcb5e776_h.jpg&key=7117032a382ef6fb93e75a7f2490e61b262c0968db1f3fab4fe73c6d2f9f8c06">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8743/17127489743_e499819a39_h.jpg&key=1d8a349f3a94a36cf689d5815435ad279c82723f40917873b202d8fc7afe99bd">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5465/17744751892_6784e1061a_h.jpg&key=2d9d1d30e42094a719d04a3ccc7632d484b9ce96f3c8fb2c0eb67efdfa359d54">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8819/17721488876_91ebc76164_h.jpg&key=7a86b6942a6f1243bec7b0baff7829b2511b88c1e650d0675c0e07b0eeafd9db">

The whole set is on my Flickr, but the images are unsorted regarding lenses.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskbHe8Pm

Kind regards,

Crispian

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Dale Schreiner
      Hello - I just bought my X-H1 a few weeks ago and have been using it quite a bit to get up to speed. Last night I photographed singers in a small café using the 35mm f2 lens using manual focus with peaking since it was fairly dark. Everything was going well until about 2.5 hours into the session when the focus would change substantially even though I hadn't moved the focusing ring. This happened when I'd put the camera down for a few minutes. When I picked it back up and turned it on, the focus was very different. I hadn't touched it in the meantime. I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I also recall a couple of instances where the same thing happened when I was shooting, not just when I had set the camera down.
      Has anyone else experienced this behavior?
      I've also noticed that the Film Simulation and Dynamic Range settings seem to reset occasionally. And I've gotten a card error a couple of times in slot 1. I take the card out and put it back in until it works, but these glitches are a little concerning on a brand new camera. Again, have other users had these things occur?
      I really like how this camera has improved my workflow and the quality of the images I'm getting. But I really want to be confident that I can count on it.
    • By yukosteel
      After moving to Fuji X system I extensively used large number of Trans-X bodies and XF lens. Most of them perform excellent optically and very good mechanically. I think Fuji is doing great job designing and supporting gear.
      The only thing is bothering me all the time - if the electronics is dead lens typically becomes fully unusable. There are numerous third party or adapted fully manual lens that solve that concern. But what if I want to keep using my favorite Fuji optics mechanically? I've performed numerous attempts and discovered potential of converting XF 35mm F1.4 and XF 27mm F2.8, and recently found highly satisfying result of adapting Fujinon XF 27mm F2.8 that requires relatively low effort.
      Here's resulting article explaining what can you do with electronically dead Fujinon XF 27mm F2.8 lens to bring it back to life in much more compact frame of Industar 50-2.
      Alternatively you can also use adapted Fuji XF 27mm F2.8 lens on other APS-C cameras like Sony or Canon.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  

• By Ilya Azar
      Hello everybody! There is a problem with the SMC Takumar 50/1.4 lens. I have a Fuji X-T10. I bought lens on ebay from Japan - SMC Takumar Also bought an adapter - Adapter When installing the adapter and lens there is no focused image, the image is blurred. The manual focus wheel on the lens does not adjust the focus. The settings on the camera are set correctly - the focus is transferred to the manual mode, the mode "Shoot without lens" is set. What could be the problem? Adapter? Lens? Camera settings? Examples of photos attached. I would be grateful for any help. Ilya.

• By huck222
      Hi all, does anyone have experience with a K&F adapter and the Canon TSE lens? I understand i cannot set the aperture with the Fuji camera. Now: Some say a canon lens will default to open aperture. While K&F says, it will stop down fully, (which i can't imagine).
      Some say, set the aperture on a Canon body, then take the lens off (probably while holding the shut-aperture-button??).
      Can anyone tell if and how it works? Thanks! I mean, that TSE 17 mm is a wonderful piece of glass and all 😃
    • By yukosteel
      Modern Fujinon lens have electronical parts that may fail due to water damage or other reasons. In most cases it worths pay for repair, but sometimes repair costs are too high and its cheaper to just buy another sample. This Fujinon XF 27mm F2.8 sample was electronically broken, so I've found relatively simple way to convert it into fully manual focus lens.
      More details in related article: Fujinon XF 27mm F2.8 lens - true manual focus mod

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://yukosteel.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/sxiz91905.jpg&key=784060ea8175d23e3da1e301742a880a298bbc5a1384786c06ed6315199f54d1">