X-T2 should i buy it.

Ron1978

I wouldn’t put any money (or wait) on a X-E3 with the same toys as the top models. I’d buy a secondhand X-T1.

“ better an egg today than a hen tomorrow” because the hen might never be there.

My “wondering" was rhetorical, of course it is zone focussing.

this has worked for every photographer in the past and although digital photography is more unforgiving when it comes to motion blur, we have the benefit od setting the ISO levels much higher than anyone ever could in the past.

My “wondering" was rhetorical, of course it is zone focussing.

this has worked for every photographer in the past and although digital photography is more unforgiving when it comes to motion blur, we have the benefit od setting the ISO levels much higher than anyone ever could in the past.

So was my suggestion for zone focusing.  

An "old" hand like you.... ;)

Yeah, young whipper snapper. We manual focused while walking barefoot to school, five miles and uphill each way in the snow.

That brought back memories. Walking in tropical torrential rain, ankle high mud water along the colonial settlements. Let's not talk about weather sealing.....or the lack of.

Well, it has been decided!!!! I just ordered the X-T2 + 18-55mm  :blink: husband maybe kinda hate me now but he will get over it  B) Extra lens is off the table for now but thats ok i am happy. (unless i buy one when in Japan like sneaky sneaky for a amazing price)

Edited by Ron1978

Well, it has been decided!!!! I just ordered the X-T2 + 18-55mm  :blink: husband maybe kinda hate me now but he will get over it  B) Extra lens is off the table for now but thats ok i am happy. (unless i buy one when in Japan like sneaky sneaky for a amazing price)

Congrats! You'll love it.

The x-t1 is an EXCELLENT camera, especially if you're a "Newbie."  Try to find one used, and take tons of photos over the next year. Then, if you feel you must, upgrade to XT2.  I'm a pro... have 2 xt-1s and a bunch of lenses.  I'm going to upgrade to the newer body because the larger files will in fact be welcome, especially when it comes to printing double-page magazine spreads, or cropping a vertical out of a horizontal (blame art directors for this, not me!).

You can put the money you save toward one of Fuji's super-sharp better lenses.

my two cents! 

Yeah I thought about second hand. But somehow I am weird with electronics and prefer them new. And tbh the price off the X-t1 new is 2 high. Besides I already ordered the X-T2 and I couldn't do a cancel now and buy a X-t1 my mind can't deal with that anymore now. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I'm thinking the same! I belive xt2 is made for coverting sport photography as well as videography. Although 24 mp sensor is better that 16 but not much different on result if you know how to set your camera! High quality on doboul A2 or even lorger print is possible with xt1. On the other hand since fuji on xt1 presenting features of photography and videography together with some new ones like touchscreen after x70, vs xt1 after years corrections and developing system, personally i cannot trust xt2 atleast for 6 to 12 months, to upgrade all possible bugs and confusions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• I found this forum in a link from another Fuji forum so I'm glad to be here.  Regarding Ken, he's a strong, unique personality and part of his identity is to rattle the pots and pans. He's a quirky, intelligent person who has opinions, like we all do. His presentation can be extremely off putting, but he's worth listening to when deciding on a new Fuji.  I agree with others here who say it's best to rent a new camera if possible, and compare to one's own knowledge base and shooting preferences. 
    • Hello GO I thought Ken raised a few valid points and others which were fit for the floor mounted circular filing cabinet. But they were his points as he saw them so good for him. But irrespective of his views and his 4/10 rating, I bought an X-H2S and have to say that it is an exceptional camera. It is so fast, the subject detection system is phenominal and the EVF is in a different league to any of my FujiFilm cameras. I have it side by side with my beloved X-H1, a camera that was hewn from rock, and whilst it doesn't quite have that same 'feel' of indestructability, it is superbly made and tactile wise, a level above the X-H1. What I mean by that is the controls are well damped and responsive, the shutter button is less touch sensitive (ie doesn't fire at the lightest touch), and the control wheels, whilst not clickeable, are precise. The joystick is not as well positioned as the X-H1 but as I have only had the camera for two days, it will improve as my  muscle/brain memory kicks in. The extended grip is as good as, if not better than, the X-H1 and though still early days, I found the 100-400mm nicer to hold and use when on the X-H2S with or without either of the TC's. As for the charger, never got one with my X-T4 and yes it is tight of FujiFilm but I am glad that they spent the money on the sensor and the overall package. It shouldn't and didn't put me off but I see where he is coming from. PSAM is not a big deal for me, its on all my Sony's and on mylovely little X-S10 so it came natural to me. The C1-7 modes are just superb and if I had to trade the conventional dials just for this feature then I would...almost, as I still love the manual control nature of my other FujiFilm's. To be able to dial in my favourite settings and recall them at the click of a dial (and lock it should I wish) is fantastic and instant. I have a Delkin Black 150 Gb CFExpress card as well as a SanDisk Extreme SD Card. Never had a CF before, it makes the SD card seem pedestrian and even when on high speed bursts it clears the buffer immediately. I enjoyed Ken's review but I beg to differ with his conclusions and thoughts. As for muddy twixt the X-T4, I am not sure where he got that from but IQ is exactly the same as my X-T4 and X-S10 using all my FujiFilm lenses ......but many more images are 100% in focus and processed 4 x quicker than any other body. It is a cracking camera.      
    • Thank you ! No i got the point 👍. Will do more research in to that 
    • The f-stop is not changing, which is the ratio stays the same. Constant aperture is really constant f-ratio., which means effective or virtual ratio. A truly manual constant aperture lens operates differently than by-the-wire lenses, which is why the older ones are so large, they have to maintain that ratio over their range. Newer lenses do it differently which is why they are referred to as having virtual constant ratios. Btw, that Canon approach is pretty limited. Try that trick on a wterfall and you will see the waterfall change from falling water to shaving cream.
    • My lense is 16-80 f4. So its constant aperture. When i zoom the aperture isnt changing!