X-T2 should i buy it.

Ron1978

Johant, I have no worries about my Fujinon lenses, just read the comments from X-Pro2 users!

Milandro, I will no doubt make the same cockups with 24mpix as I do with 16mpix, but hey I will enjoy myself.

Edited by Mike G

Some people might like Leica for good reasons ( that I don’t understand) but some definitely like them for the show off factor,  like those who bought the Lenny Kravitz model. 

They call it a tribute to the “ correspondent” whom they are not and perhaps they could only ever fantasize that they might be... when they buy the camera.

That has to be perfect “ wannabe photographer" tool, it’s a good job we don’t see what comes out from the shots taken with this camera... but of course it’s their money, their camera, their shots, good or bad.

But you know, it’s not the “ tool" you use but what you do with it.

Which brings me back to OP’s asking for advise.

I will only say that I hope that he ponders about these thoughts.

Ron1978, your best bet is to go to a photographic dealer and try some cameras in hand! Obviously the X-T2 is not on general release yet.

Milandro, photography and photo gear is a hobby for me so relatively what I spend is down to what I want not necessarily the price. That doesn't mean I have a bottomless wallet cos I ain't. To get to a position where I'm waiting for the release day was via part exchange of my Nikon gear, for which I got what I think was a good price, I rarely consider the worth of my gear in money terms, but in terms of what pleasure I get!  ;)  And I do realise the worst tool in the camera bag is me.

Incidently that is why I use an Apple computer!

Edited by Mike G

I'm a tad on the fence to buying the X-T2. 

I have the means to buy it, but I'm thinking if it might just be overkill for me :D

I'm a hobby photographer, I only take pics for myself and my family & friends who enjoys my photo through instagram and facebook.

I also print some. You can see some of my stuff here to get an idea https://500px.com/filiphermelin 

I currently have the X-Pro1 which have terrific image quality. Haven't printed out bigger than A4 size so the resolution hasn't been an issue for me as of yet.

However, the AF is too slow. I rarely get a sharp pic in focus when I shot my  4 year old kid running towards me.

I expect the X-T2 to be on par with my previous Canon 70D in AF speed and accuracy.  

Milandro, I'm not taking anything you say personally, its a conversation! But it seemed to me that the conversation was heading down the road of price and not on the merits of a particular model.

It would be a poor world if we all thought the same, vive le difference!

Edited by Mike G

It would be about merits of each camera if the discussion would be conducted in terms: “ the camera that I need to do the things that I do”.

But it seems to me that it is about the “ camera that I want is the best that money can buy” which is also a way to see it. An emotional choice.

Emotional choices are almost impossible to discuss.

Indeed we are all different.

Edited by milandro

I am really on the fence on this. Should I buy the x-t2 or start with an x-t1 or maybe even an x-t10?

I am a newbie to all this kinda camera stuff but I have been following the x-t2 for a long time now.

Just afraid I get overwhelmed with all the buttons and switches and stuff. But I just love the look and specs.

Plus it is not like I just spend 100 euro :P

What kind of photographs do you intend to take with the new camera?

What were you using before this?

That is the real question.

The majority of new model buyers would shoot things with the X pro 2 and the X-T2 in the same way and having the same results that they could have obtained from a X-E1  or a X-Pro 1 for that matter and even then, they would have had more camera than they have photographic skills.

Nevertheless most new buyers will go for the newest camera, whether they are able to unleash its maximum potential or not. It’s the way it is and it is always been.

Personally, I am not upgrading. I am happy with the X-T1.

I am waiting for generation 3. Then and only then I will consider an upgrade.

Aiming for the 8K video are we? :D

sure!

I don’t shoot videos but for sure I wouldn’t want to miss out on the off chance that, if I ever decided to shoot a mediocre video, I would shoot it with the best equipment possible!  :)  :rolleyes:

... not to mention the all too necessary battery holder, of course! Yes it will make it the largest “ small" camera in the world but it’s ok, it is the best and maybe from 11 we can go to 12, who knows? 

sure!

I don’t shoot videos but for sure I wouldn’t want to miss out on the off chance that, if I ever decided to shoot a mediocre video, I would shoot it with the best equipment possible!  :)  :rolleyes:

... not to mention the all too necessary battery holder, of course! Yes it will make it the largest “ small" camera in the world but it’s ok, it is the best and maybe from 11 we can go to 12, who knows? 

Hahahaha.......it's all a learning curve for most people. Different curve for different people.

If you think about it, with super cameras like the 1DXii and D5, blazing away at 14fps, anyone ca be a "pro". When the X-T3 is out..... 14 fps?!?.....who would want that? ;)

I'm thrilled that the Pro2's noise is lowered despite the increase in resolution but if you look at it, resolution aside, the same result could be had with the black slider pulled back a bit. I'm confident the Pro2 and T2's pic IQ is identical. So, given the X-T1's already capable features, perhaps the X-T2's practical benefits lies in it's higher resolution, 4K video and the battery grip for higher fps. If you look at pic quality, I don't think anyone can really tell them apart post edit. I know I can't. Just a thought.......

http://billfortney.com/?p=16581

Oh yes, Aswald  but you forget that the X-T1 is stuck on 10 and will never ever get to the magical 11 ( continuing the “ spinal tap" analogy). Logic doesn’t always apply where cravings are involved. You know the dichotomy between to have or to be? Fromm identified that in 1976 and after 40 years his message is as true now (if not more) as it was them.

:rolleyes:  one thing that I’ve learned during my learning curve ( so far, who knows what I am bound to learn further the lane...) is that the best way to save or not waste any (of my) money is to refrain from buying something that I don’t need or that exceeds my needs or capabilities to use the thing that I might covet.

But of course, that’s me... mileage varies between people and my perspective is certainly different from the one held by other people with other needs, wants, priorities.

A friend of mine ( 65) told me about his 30.000 books in his digital library... which is very impressive by any standard.

Of course the fact that he, in all likelihood, hasn’t got 30.000 days (about 82 years) to read all those books means absolutely nothing to him.

He has them available to him.

Gives him a choice. Similarly you can buy an X-T2 and take the exact same pics that you would with with a X-E1 at 1/10 of the cost.

But yes, horses for courses. We all have our idiosyncrasies.  ;)

Edited by milandro

Oh yes, Aswald  but you forget that the X-T1 is stuck on 10 and will never ever get to the magical 11 ( continuing the “ spinal tap" analogy). Logic doesn’t always apply where cravings are involved. You know the dichotomy between to have or to be? Fromm identified that in 1976 and after 40 years his message is as true now (if not more) as it was them.

:rolleyes:  one thing that I’ve learned during my learning curve ( so far, who knows what I am bound to learn further the lane...) is that the best way to save or not waste any (of my) money is to refrain from buying something that I don’t need or that exceeds my needs or capabilities to use the thing that I might covet.

But of course, that’s me... mileage varies between people and my perspective is certainly different from the one held by other people with other needs, wants, priorities.

A friend of mine ( 65) told me about his 30.000 books in his digital library... which is very impressive by any standard.

Of course the fact that he, in all likelihood, hasn’t got 30.000 days (about 82 years) to read all those books means absolutely nothing to him.

He has them available to him.

Gives him a choice. Similarly you can buy an X-T2 and take the exact same pics that you would with with a X-E1 at 1/10 of the cost.

But yes, horses for courses. We all have our idiosyncrasies.  ;)

How true. I acquired a 1000 albums hires music files a few years ago and I don't think I've covered 30% of it after many sessions of intense listening. I've stopped acquiring any more but my friends haven't stopped since. :lol: What is it with hoarding anyways? Perhaps we're genetically programmed to store food for the cold winter. Same reason why power banks are selling like hot cakes.  Perhaps, the rat race has taught us is not to be left behind. To have a back up. Never know when you'll need it.

Some people find that they need a few camera to cover all their photographic needs. At this point, there really isn't a camera system that can give us the "one ring to rule them all" concept.

Back to the OP, he hasn't really mentioned what type of photographs he shoots normally or what he does post.......It's just like someone walking into the car showroom and asking, "Hey, should I buy the latest off roader or that new red hot spanking V8 babe magnet over there?". :D ........all the salesman can really do is, to give his opinions.

Edited by Aswald

I thought about getting the X-T2 just for the joystick - but decided this was insane as I'm still happy with my X-E2.

But small things like the ability to easily move the focus point means a lot when we use a camera every day.

The flip out screen would also be handy.

I don't think any of the other advances in the X-T2 would make any difference to my photos - but how a camera handles is important, and possibly the reason many of us use Fuji bodies.

I wonder how the X-Trans I sensor compares to the X-Trans III sensor.

I find the X-TRANS I sensor in my xpro1 is terrific, better than II because of the waxing issue with II

It's different. Both are good but in different ways.

If you compare Pro1 and T2, the game changer won't be the pic quality but will be the AF and video, if it matters to you.