X-T2 should i buy it.

Ron1978

I wouldn’t put any money (or wait) on a X-E3 with the same toys as the top models. I’d buy a secondhand X-T1.

“ better an egg today than a hen tomorrow” because the hen might never be there.

My “wondering" was rhetorical, of course it is zone focussing.

this has worked for every photographer in the past and although digital photography is more unforgiving when it comes to motion blur, we have the benefit od setting the ISO levels much higher than anyone ever could in the past.

My “wondering" was rhetorical, of course it is zone focussing.

this has worked for every photographer in the past and although digital photography is more unforgiving when it comes to motion blur, we have the benefit od setting the ISO levels much higher than anyone ever could in the past.

So was my suggestion for zone focusing.  

An "old" hand like you.... ;)

Yeah, young whipper snapper. We manual focused while walking barefoot to school, five miles and uphill each way in the snow.

That brought back memories. Walking in tropical torrential rain, ankle high mud water along the colonial settlements. Let's not talk about weather sealing.....or the lack of.

Well, it has been decided!!!! I just ordered the X-T2 + 18-55mm  :blink: husband maybe kinda hate me now but he will get over it  B) Extra lens is off the table for now but thats ok i am happy. (unless i buy one when in Japan like sneaky sneaky for a amazing price)

Edited by Ron1978

Well, it has been decided!!!! I just ordered the X-T2 + 18-55mm  :blink: husband maybe kinda hate me now but he will get over it  B) Extra lens is off the table for now but thats ok i am happy. (unless i buy one when in Japan like sneaky sneaky for a amazing price)

Congrats! You'll love it.

The x-t1 is an EXCELLENT camera, especially if you're a "Newbie."  Try to find one used, and take tons of photos over the next year. Then, if you feel you must, upgrade to XT2.  I'm a pro... have 2 xt-1s and a bunch of lenses.  I'm going to upgrade to the newer body because the larger files will in fact be welcome, especially when it comes to printing double-page magazine spreads, or cropping a vertical out of a horizontal (blame art directors for this, not me!).

You can put the money you save toward one of Fuji's super-sharp better lenses.

my two cents! 

Yeah I thought about second hand. But somehow I am weird with electronics and prefer them new. And tbh the price off the X-t1 new is 2 high. Besides I already ordered the X-T2 and I couldn't do a cancel now and buy a X-t1 my mind can't deal with that anymore now. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I'm thinking the same! I belive xt2 is made for coverting sport photography as well as videography. Although 24 mp sensor is better that 16 but not much different on result if you know how to set your camera! High quality on doboul A2 or even lorger print is possible with xt1. On the other hand since fuji on xt1 presenting features of photography and videography together with some new ones like touchscreen after x70, vs xt1 after years corrections and developing system, personally i cannot trust xt2 atleast for 6 to 12 months, to upgrade all possible bugs and confusions.