Fix It In Post

Hugh

I have been using the adjustment sliders in iPhoto and find them totally adequate for my needs. If I upgrade my OS to El Capitan or buy a new MAC,  iPhoto will be replaced by Photo. This app does not have anywhere near the capabilities of the iPhoto app. So. What would the best third party app be? I do not need the advanced features found in Photoshop or Lightroom. Is there any other low cost app that does the job that iPhoto does?

Affinity may work for you.  IT's like 30.00 US.  They have a free trial.  Give it a shot.  Though this program is not a photo storage app, but more photo adjustment.  

May I suggest you continue using "photos" on your new Mac, and then an app like Affinity to do some of the heavier lifting you may need to do down the road?

Edited by jlmphotos

• 4 weeks later...

iPhoto will be replaced by Photo. This app does not have anywhere near the capabilities of the iPhoto app.

That's not correct!

The Photos App has all the adjustment sliders  that are available in iPhoto, plus some more.

Initially they are only hidden behind simple "auto-sliders", but you can expand all if them to have full access to all detailed sliders like in iPhoto (also by Default).

Photos is great for Basic Image adjustments, just like iPhoto was.

The big rant about Photos came, because it was also supposed to replace Aperture - but that's not the case for sure.

Edited by hifimacianer

If you do not mind paying a bit of money for a pro software, I would second jlmphotos' advice for Affinity.

It's lacking on the files managements that exist with Lightroom but it does everything else almost as good. I am currently testing the beta version for Windows, so far, I have been relatively impressed by the quality of it.

Clearly it's a pre-production level software but it really show nice promises and you only need to buy it once and enjoy free updates, unlike a certain major player company... >.>