Lusting over X100T.. save me from my GAS.. or don't?

The X100 was my first mirrorless camera. I loved it and hated it at the same time.

I loved the look, the experience, the images, and the compliments from people saying "nice camera" (haha!)

I hated how slow it was! I hated the laggy EVF, I liked the OVF when it didn't back focus.

I had to depart with my X100 due to a sticky aperture issue. Sold it online, and proceeded to the the XT1. Which I love by the way.

I then added a second body, the XE2, so I could quickly switch between focal lengths. Which I actually rarely do.. 

Looking back at the images I took with the X100... and remembering the experience. I miss it! It made images with great character.

I miss the 23mm focal length. I miss the OVF.

The XE2 + 18mm comes close.. but it can't quite replicate the feeling of the X100. Plus the X100T hybrid viewfinder with the little digital window in the corner.. WOW! I'm having day dreams about using the X100T haha.

Should I sell my XE2 to help fund the X100T?? I will be keeping the XT1 of course, but I can't keep all 3. (Because my girlfriend will beat me to death, with my cameras, if I keep them all)

What to do? Opinions on X100 series vs XE series? Should I just sell all my cameras and get a Fuji Instax? HALP.

If you're unsure, I'd say wait until X100T price drops and practice more with what you have meanwhile.

You sound a bit confused so I don't think your equipment is limiting you. Moreover X-E2 + 18mm is not comparable, that would be X-E2 + 27mm.

I'm in the same boat you are.  I've been lusting after one ever since I started researching Fuji.  It's still on my list, but I need to flesh out my lens collection first.  However I don't plan to buy a 23, because I plan to fill that spot with one of the X100's.  I am always checking Adorama, B&H, and KEH hoping to find a great deal on a used one just in case though.

I have ax100s and x-t1. Great combo!

If I want to pack light I'll just take my x100s. If I have my bag with me I take both! I use the x100s for wide shots and/or x-t1 for portraits (35 or 18-55). You can't go wrong with this combo! I know for sure you won't regret the purchase coming from the original x100 (I owned it too)

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently taken delivery of the X 100T and guess what? I love it.

I have no need for changing lenses - not at the moment. In a way, I hope don;t have the need again.

So easy to whip the camera out of the pocket and shot away, then put back in pocket again when finished.

Soo much to love about this lovely little camera...

So, glad you're enjoying yours as well :-)

Add me to the list of new X100T owners, I'm a long time Canon shooter with a 5DIII and bag full of Canon glass.  The X100T hasn't left my side in over a month of ownership whereas I had to convince myself to bring out the 5Dlll for a day of shooting.  Honestly, it's the most liberating camera I've ever owned and the image quality is just fine for 16x24 prints.

Add me to the list of new X100T owners, I'm a long time Canon shooter with a 5DIII and bag full of Canon glass.  The X100T hasn't left my side in over a month of ownership whereas I had to convince myself to bring out the 5Dlll for a day of shooting.  Honestly, it's the most liberating camera I've ever owned and the image quality is just fine for 16x24 prints.

Yep, liberating is how most Fuji converts refer to their new Fuji's :-)

I had/have the x100s and I had to go through he trials and tribulations of deciding to buy the upgraded x100t.  Absolutely the right decision.  It is significantly faster focusing in low light and the ergonomics are much closer to my xt1 which I really like.  Some say if you have the x100s getting the x100t is a hard decision...and it was....but now that I have the newer x100t I have absolutely NO buyer's remorse.  

I had/have the x100s and I had to go through he trials and tribulations of deciding to buy the upgraded x100t.  Absolutely the right decision.  It is significantly faster focusing in low light and the ergonomics are much closer to my xt1 which I really like.  Some say if you have the x100s getting the x100t is a hard decision...and it was....but now that I have the newer x100t I have absolutely NO buyer's remorse.  

Completely agree. In terms of handling, interface and focusing, the X100T is so much better than the S. I tell anyone who's on the fence to go for the T.

I recently bought the x100t as my first fujifilm camera and it has made me fall in love with photography again. I am definitely more of a hobbyist than perhaps many of you but I just love the images I can get with this thing. I have fallen hard for the Fuji though as in I am selling off my Nikon D7000 and lenses to put towards either and Xt-1 or future Fuji camera. I have never had more fun using or enjoyed the pictures I have gotten out of a camera as much as I have with these Fuji cams. First post by the way, glad to join the ranks.

Congratulations on getting the X100T. I was going to say saving you from buying it would be a bad thing. I was trying to decide between the 23mm F/1.4 and the X100T and ended up with both. I love shooting with the X100T. I've taken it as my only camera on a few trips already.

I'm pretty much in the same boat except I'm currently still using my old X100 as my main goto camera. I read somewhere that with the newer sensors in the X100S and T, images lose some of their grainy "organic" look the original X100 had. Has anyone noticed that ?

I mostly shoot street and travel photography in raw. I would switch to the X100T because of the obvious focus speed and overall reactivity gain (X100 can be somewhat sluggish though I've learned to work around it) and better connectivity but that's it. The price plus the fact that I'm somehow attached to my old X100 make me hesitate to upgrade :)

I have had both the X-T1 and X-E2 for some time now. It's great to have two bodys and decrease the need for changing lenses. But lately the 27mm f/2.8 (and the 35mm f/1.4) has been partly glued on my X-E2, while X-T1 was handling the bigger lenses. The X-E2 with the pancake is a great combo, especially for street photography. But after trying an X100s with leaf shutter, I was sold.

Noise aside, the X-E2/27mmf/2.8 was ideal for me for streets. But I missed a small lens for shooting indoors. Typically at restaurants/vacation/partys. In other words both a slightly wider field of view and aperture. I wanted a X100T :)

I sold both the 27mm f/2.8 and the 35mm f/1.4 to half-financing the X100T. I kept the X-E2, just in case. Though I think I will sell that too. I also bought the TCL for X100T, so I'm not missing the 35mm f/1,4 that much.

I feel my setup still is kind of flexible.

1. X100T 23mm + X-T1 56mm
2. X-T1 14mm + X100T 33mm (TLC)

The only thing I will miss is to have two zooms mounted. I found that to be very useful on roadtrips. And that's the only reason why I haven't sold the X-E2 yet. The price on the used-marked for this is also pretty low nowadays (because of X-T10 I guess), so maybe I will keep it as a backup. 

I "treated" myself to an X100T earlier this year, and I absolutely love it.  I'm mainly a Canon shooter, with two bodies and more than a few lenses, but wanted something smaller and more un-obtrusive, yet with really good IQ.  I read up on the X100 series, and got the X100T, and now I use it more often than either of my Canon bodies.

I'm seriously considering getting an XPro-2 and a couple of prime lenses, when it comes out.

OK, I have to admit that I've found an issue with my X-100T.

I went to take a picture whilst cycling to work this morning and found the battery had died.

How dare it die after only the 7 weeks of the cameras life in my ownership?

I mean, 7 weeks on one charge? All I've done with it is switch it on and off for an hour or two at a time as I read through the manual and learn how to use it and personalise it.

I've tkaen it out on a few trips and taken a few pictures, though probably composed several more that just didn't grab me.

This seriously inconsiderate camera could've at least used its WiFi to drop me a line to say its battery was getting low thus giving me chance to charge it up. ;-)

Rant over :-D

7 weeks on a single charge? that's not trueeeee...

I comfortably get a full day's worth of shooting though.

I like to use EVF mode only to avoid the eye sensor delay. (those seconds count!).

I think this saves battery. The rear screen is a power eater.

Also just took my X100T ONLY on a 4 day trip. Was awesome. So much more versatile than the XT1+35. 
I did miss the 35mm sometimes though, for that outdoor reach. But definitely didn't miss it indoors.

I think next time I will take both.

OK, I have to admit that I've found an issue with my X-100T.

I went to take a picture whilst cycling to work this morning and found the battery had died.

How dare it die after only the 7 weeks of the cameras life in my ownership?

I mean, 7 weeks on one charge? All I've done with it is switch it on and off for an hour or two at a time as I read through the manual and learn how to use it and personalise it.

I've tkaen it out on a few trips and taken a few pictures, though probably composed several more that just didn't grab me.

This seriously inconsiderate camera could've at least used its WiFi to drop me a line to say its battery was getting low thus giving me chance to charge it up. ;-)

Rant over :-D

I'm heading for a 4-day trip to Berlin this saturday. I wonder to just take with me the X100T (+ the TCL). 

But I guess I will also take with me the X-T1 + 55-200mm, just in case we are heading for the Zoo. And the 14mm, just in case I need something wider. 

7 weeks on a single charge? that's not trueeeee...

I comfortably get a full day's worth of shooting though.

I like to use EVF mode only to avoid the eye sensor delay. (those seconds count!).

I think this saves battery. The rear screen is a power eater.

Also just took my X100T ONLY on a 4 day trip. Was awesome. So much more versatile than the XT1+35. 

I did miss the 35mm sometimes though, for that outdoor reach. But definitely didn't miss it indoors.

I think next time I will take both.

You did realise i was having a jest?

Yes, it lasted 7 weeks on a single charge, but it's taken less than 100 pics and only been switched on when testing out some of the stuff I'd read in the manual.

The beauty of this camera is the fact that I do not need to press the shutter at everything I see. I can leave it in my pocket until i see something that says "must be photographed" :-)

Congrats on the X100T.

I love mine just as much. It is the best of all the three X100 series cameras.

If you wish you can skip over to www.stockografie.de to read about my thoughts on this great little camera.

If I would have to decide which camera to take on a city trip or vacation, the X-T1 with the XF 16-55 or the X100T, I would always go with the X100T

I'm almost broke my mind thinking if it worth to sell my like new x100 (bought for 350$ with original case) and get a brand new x100t for 1200$ (130$ off + 50$ to further buyings). The one thing which disappoints me in my x100 is af performance in low light.

I bought an X-E2 when they were brand new and fell in love with Fujis. I switched from Canon and haven't looked back. I no longer shoot professionally so it's more of a hobby. Even though I love my fuji, I don't use it as much I thought I would. I recently had the chance to use the X100S for a week and fell in LOVE with that thing. Now I'm thinking I need to just sell my X-E2, 14mm and 35mm lenses and just go with the x100T. Trying to decide if it's all I need or if I'll miss the lens options. 

Any thoughts out there from you guys on this?