• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 FujiNut

FujiNut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I have been using MeFoto, carbon, not sure the model number but the price was about $350 US.

well made, lightweight, sturdy.  very nice ball head.

recommended!

#22 Carlos C

Carlos C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

Like somebody here I have a very positive opinion with a Rollei Compact traveller no.1 carbon and cost me 229€. I was in doubt with a Cullmann 622TC (249€).

Here is a review of Rollei: http://www.francesco...llei-Travel-ENG

#23 Warwick

Warwick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

I just bought a MeFoto Backpacker Air. I’m very impressed. I wanted a travel tripod that I could actually travel with - i.e. have in my bag and carry around all day without really noticing it. I’d looked at the Manfrotto BeFree - great tripod but too big and heavy for what I need. Then I saw the backpacker air - it folds down to just 10.4 inches and weighs just 2lb.
https://mountaintrip...-tripod-review/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#24 Steve Lew

Steve Lew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

You may want to look at either the Benro Travel Angle or the Induro CLT 103 Classic Series 1. I have the next Induro model up and I love it since I have abused this tripod during my many hikes and it looks and works like new.

#25 Steve Lew

Steve Lew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, TX

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Go for the Benro tripod. Durable, folds small and easy to carry and comes with a caring case and tools. I have an Induro tripod and I believe that the same company produces the Benro tripod.

#26 oldsalt

oldsalt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

I have to mention the Tyka travel tripod. Find it on Amazon and read the reviews. This really is remarkable value at around £50 and I bought mine after comparing weights of half a dozen carbon fibre and alloy tripods. A perfect, 1.5kg including ball-head, complement to XT1 or XT2 etc. Note many tripod specs exclude the weight of the head, check this carefully to get a real ides of weight

#27 bergat

bergat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Il mio treppiede, manfrotto 190 è troppo pesante, così ho comprato questo murace m-t1

https://www.amazon.i...s=marsace mt-01

Attached Files

#28 BobJ

BobJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Wow it's a minefield isn't it? I really can't add anything other than to agree that the main benefit of carbon fibre is said to be vibration damping. A tripod forms a torsion spring (try twisting the head of extended tripods, it's a good way to compare their stability) attached to a mass - the camera. As such it will ring at its resonant frequency when something disturbs it. A lossy material like wood or carbon fibre will damp the oscillations better. Having said that everyone got on just fine with aluminium before carbon fibre came along. So I think it's probably a bit academic and the carbon pods are not usually much lighter than the aluminium ones.

#29 lamacchiacosta

lamacchiacosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

I own a Mafrotto BeFree for almost a year and I have nothing to complain about. I bought it because I already have heavier tripods and monopod from the same brand, so I could match the plate. Despite it seem not that strong at first, is quite stable and I have been able to shoot quite a few night pictures with no problem. I got the aluminium one because when folded down is shorter that the carbon fiber one and looking online I could find quite good deals for colors different form black. I got a red one for about £100. Easy to set up in a rush.

X-T20  |  XF 16-55mm f/2.8

Flickr  –  Instagram

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tripod, travel

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close