The Selphy Thing (Open Thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I strongly believe that the rampant selphymania is only a fashion like bell-bottoms and batiked t-shirts. But it's a very funny one and it would be a pity if we don't preserve those precious moments of tingly embarrassment.

So join me in collecting selphy scenes to entertain our descendants.

DSC16934-2.jpg

Hi,

nice thread you started here! 

In my opinion this pic is not entertaining or funny at all but rather alarming.  

I shot to in Berlin at the Holocaust Memorial and these fellas were simply ignorant to where they were shooting their silly holiday shots grinning and making funny faces. I'd say even sitting in top of these steles should be considered inappropriate. 

post-270-0-70057600-1432984677_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Hi, DaveC. Thank you so much for the really valuable information...very much appreciated! On the power off/on, I guess I was being a little too impatient when pressing the shutter. On the auto ISO, I'll definitely give it a try, as that's a pretty important one for me. I have found that the ISO button and joystick pretty easy to reach while looking at the EVF, so maybe there's no reason to reassign the top left dial. With only a little time spent with the X-S10 so far, I have found the AF and image quality outstanding, as you noted. Even with the challenges of learning a new system, it's been fun getting to know my new toy! Again, thank you for responding to my inquiry. Pentax Forums is a valuable source of information for Pentax users, and it's nice to know Fuji X Forum can provide similar advice and support. Cheers!  
    • OK thanks for the reply,  It's seems like a pretty straightforward thing to implement with all the super fast ssd available in the market.  Maybe in the next model..
    • I don't believe it is possible sadly.   But would be great if it was. 
    • Welcome rickc, I too was new to Fuji when I got my X-S10 and 16-80mm last December. It is a great camera and lens combo. Point 1. To wake up the camera just half press the shutter button but keep it pressed for a second or too and it will wake up. When half pressed you will feel the IBIS doing its thing , thats OK, just keep it pressed till it wakes up. Point 2. Set the X-S10 to M mode on the mode dial and you will have aperure on the front dial and shutter speed on the rear dial. Then set the iso to Auto, Press the iso button on the top plate and use the joy stick to scroll down to the auto iso settings. The user manual does explain the auto iso settings quite well (the pdf that is). Note you can also re-assign the top left dial to exposure compensation if you like that as well. I have been using these settings just lately to photograph butterflies at high shutter speeds. I came from using Canon and Nikon cameras and find the image quality is outstanding and hope you continue to enjoy the camera. Best wishes DaveC. 
    • Look for"sportsfinder"