My X-Pro2 Review.

For this week's entry, I'm taking a trip down memory lane!

And that lane, is a straight line road that has 17 years worth of Fujifilm cameras as roadside furniture!!

So buckle up, mirror(less) signal and manoeuvre and let's take a journey!!

(I promise to stop now with the driving similes)

Three weeks back, I shared my decision to go with the XF23F1.4 and XF56 (to accompany my XF34F1.4) as my personal trinity.

So how's that working out for me?

Well it's early days, but lets take a look at some shots from the new guys as well as my beloved 35F1.4

Enjoy!

Due to a mix up - Fujifilm lent me the XF56APD (it was supposed to be the 50/F2 WR)

I'd tested and loved this lens before - but ended up getting the XF56R

Last time I wasn't able to compare the two Fifty Sixes, but now (for a limited time) I have both of them!

So, let the three part comparison begin - Addendum: The XF56 APD Vs The XF56R Part One

In a few places on the internet there's been a conversation running about the so-called more pleasing look to the X-Pro1 files.

We even have some threads on here which are on that very subject

So I wanted to revisit some of my X-Pro1 shots and see just how they looked after a year of not owning and shooting the camera.

So what did I think?

Thanks. I'm still testing the difference and trying to get my pro2 to take images like the pro1. As someone suggested to me in this forum, I tried setting highlights, shadow and color to -1 and it has actually narrowed the difference between the two pro models. I still can't seem to match the pastel like colors of the pro1 though. Would LOVE if Fujifilm made a pro1 simulation.

Back! Caught you looking for the same thing!

So rapped Public Enemy on "don't believe the hype"

I can't for one moment believe that Chuck and Flav had me buying yet another X-Pro1 in mind when they wrote that, but it fits :)

So after last week's article, about re-visiting the X-Pro1's images (actually written about 5 weeks ago), I just couldn't say no when the opportunity came up to own an X-Pro1 for the third time!

So let's get re-acquainted

Fujifilm PT lent me the 23 and 50 F2 WR lenses (I already have the 35 F2)

I've a lot of content planned around these lenses and comparing them to the F1.4/1.2 versions; but to begin with - what's it like if we pair the new F2 trio with the original X series X-Pro1?

Great comparison. I fully agree with your findings. And actually think they can be transferred to the other Fujinon f2's excl. the 90mm. I have just ordered the 56mm f1.2 and will be selling my 50mm f2 for the exact same reasons; that wonderful color rendering it shares with my 14mm, 35mm f1.4 and 23mm f1.4. Those lenses are simply in a league of their own.

Great comparison. I fully agree with your findings. And actually think they can be transferred to the other Fujinon f2's excl. the 90mm. I have just ordered the 56mm f1.2 and will be selling my 50mm f2 for the exact same reasons; that wonderful color rendering it shares with my 14mm, 35mm f1.4 and 23mm f1.4. Those lenses are simply in a league of their own.

Thank you very much Peter,

The 14 and the 90 are the only primes I've yet too try actually

Maybe I'll ask for them nexr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...