11 suggestions for Fuji, mostly firmware

Moving around the magnified area using the joystick was possible on my old EOS 40D (in live view). I do find that a very useful feature in numerous cases. Like on tripods.

The face detect algorithm is too erroneous to be useful. If it would better detect faces, and customizable which eye to focus on (left, right, either) it would be pretty stunning. Also when they would be able to integrate PDAF into the search algorithm for quickly getting close, and then CDAF for the final part... that would be great.

Also you need to remember to switch it off when doing scenes w/o faces, or else it hampers focusing.

Better noise reduction (as in: none, I prefer post-processing) and highlight preservation are also high on my list.

I am really happy that Fuji users love the system and have lots of useful suggestion. It would be wonderful if most of the suggestion will be implemented very soon!

Make your suggestion in simple English and send to Fujifilm Japan,  as most Japanses are not that good in English,  :D

Lots of ideas!

I would echo the suggestion of kyoleung, though, and invite everyone to send an email directly to Fuji. They seem to listen to their user base (except for the HDR...) so let them know what we want.

The mail addresses for Fuji UK and Fuji Japan is here:

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/3547-11-suggestions-for-fuji-mostly-firmware/?p=32669

I'd like the menu on the X100T to appear on the rear screen and not the viewfinder even if I have it in "viewfinder only" mode to save battery life.

Who looks at the menu through the EVF?!

That's stupid.

When I chimp, the picture is shown on the LCD - why not the menu and the Q settings?

Not a deal breaker, but annoying since it should be a simple fix.

Edited by plaidshirts

Who looks at the menu through the EVF?!

That's stupid.

Well, actually I do! :)

If I'm tucked under a tree, or in the crevices of some rock formation, basically in places where you cannot easily move once you reach your position without bumping your head, I tend to stick to either LCD or viewfinder, whichever is easier to see in that particular (often uncomfortable) position.

But I agree that seeing the menu on the rear screen should at least be an option.

If I'm tucked under a tree, or in the crevices of some rock formation, basically in places where you cannot easily move once you reach your position without bumping your head

Ha! You got me.  :D

I guess if you were a spy, you would be be using the VF more than I! :ph34r:

For most of us with ordinary lives however, you can see how having the menu on the LCD makes sense.

Thanks for letting me vent.

All, 

I would say First things first. The first thing Fuji should improve is the battery management on the X-T1 ( i don't have any other X cameras but i think it is the same). Today your battery can go from full to empty in less then a few minutes shooting. The indicator that shows you three blocks instead of a % is really outdated. Fuji should switch to a new generation of batteries that live longer and are more reliable.

The 11 points are nice to have, but an improved power management is a point that should come upfront IMHO.

• 2 months later...

Allow me to make a summary of the suggestions in addition to the original 11.

1) Better power management. Show the power in percentage %, instead of of blocks. The current system is unreliable, from full to empty battery can happen in a  few minutes.

2) Make self timer more flexible. Add Option of "Keep the timer after turn off the camera". Besides, allow user to customize the timer instead of having just 2 or 10 seconds.

3) Improve the distance scale. Enable the camera to automatically compute the HyperFocal point based on the aperature, focal length of the lens and the focus distance. Show the Hyper Focal point on the distance scale.

Anyone here needs the following improvement?

I am using X-T10.

There is an option named IMAGE DISPLAY under SCREEN SET UP, that allows 0.5, 1.5 seconds or Continuous display of the image after the shutter is released.

In case the option is 1.5 seconds selected, when the Image is displayed, I wanna check whether the focus is achieved, I press the Rear Command Dial, it has no effect. The image will be gone after 1.5 seconds and the live view is back.

When the option is Continuous, pressing the Rear Command Dial will magnify the focus point.

However, this only works under the Drive Mode is Single Shot. In case of CL or CH, it doesn't work,

My point is, of course, I can always enter the PlayBack Mode to check the focus. But I do notice, it takes a short moment to enter the PlayBack Mode, and the screen flashes which is annoying.

I remember in the case of Canon camera, it allows me to stay on the Image Display stage after pressing a button.