Testing the 90mm in the street

PhilippeVdp

First. I'm just an amateur. I don't have much experience in portrait photography where I'm working with a model. It's just "fun" for me to take photos. So yes this is for me testing the 90mm F2 but don't make an opinion about the performance of the lens based on these photos. I've just registered myself for a portrait/streetphotography course to learn how to take decent photos. 

I loved the lens and ordered me one ...

18251836506_ec882c02eb_b.jpg

streetphotography09 by Philippe VdP, on Flickr

17657675623_dfc460288c_b.jpg

streetphotography08 by Philippe VdP, on Flickr

WOW... once more the samples show the stunning IQ of the 90mm.

Do you still have it for testing? In case feel free to share more samples.

But please just share samples that are out of focus and taken at ISO 51,200... this could help to calm my GAS ;)

Sadly no ... there was a fuji introduction day in a local camerashop to promote fuji stuff and we could try different lenses and cameras (also the x-10 was there).

But I have all what I want except 3 lenses that aren't available yet : the 90mm, the 100-400 and maybe also the 120mm macro.(but to be honest, I find the olympus E-M1 good enough for macro so not sure yet if I will buy that 120mm)

I briefly had the x-10 in my hands but I think it's too small for my (really tiny!) hands ...and was going to use my own x-t1 with the 56mm but then I noticed the 90mm in one of the bags of the fuji guy

So when he looked at me and asked which one I wanted to test, I thought the worst thing he can say is no and said "I want to test that one .." and after a few seconds he said "ok but be careful" with it :)

I was so nervous in the beginning that I didn't notice the iso 3200, exposure comp on +1 ... but then I relaxed and tried city portraits. That's why I wanted to buy the lens, going to a city with one lens / camera and nothing more ...and come back with good photos ... and after using it for 2 hours or so ...  I was sold and ordered me one ...

WOW... once more the samples show the stunning IQ of the 90mm.

Do you still have it for testing? In case feel free to share more samples.

But please just share samples that are out of focus and taken at ISO 51,200... this could help to calm my GAS ;)

Oh yeah, to give you an example about my "skills" ... I'm really an amateur ... I had to ask the fuji guy which one of the metering modes was central weighted ... so if these are the kind of photos I can make with that lens, just wonder what a skilled photographer can do with it !

damn... this lens is sharp, has a great bokeh and gives us very 3D looking images! Now I have to convince myself that I don't need this lens ;)

btw, PhilippeVdp, do you mind if I share your 90mm images & feedback on FujiRumors? I'd love to dedicate it an article on FujiRumors

damn... this lens is sharp, has a great bokeh and gives us very 3D looking images! Now I have to convince myself that I don't need this lens ;)

btw, PhilippeVdp, do you mind if I share your 90mm images & feedback on FujiRumors? I'd love to dedicate it an article on FujiRumors

No problem ... just make sure they understand I'm just an amateur photographer :)

No problem ... just make sure they understand I'm just an amateur photographer :)

I'm sure FR-readers will like the images... nice portraits of a nice model. But, as you want, I'll make sure people know you're an amateur (just like me ;) )

btw, that's Bert Stephani in your last shot, isn't it?

That's why I didn't post this in street photography ... but it's "in the street" because I took these in a bicycle parking space, in the centre of Leuven

I wouldn't it consider as street, but you've taken portraits of a nice :-) subject (talking about 1st post) attracting people for the XF90 which is a tempting peace of fujinon.

i like the 2nd pic in the post#1

I'm sure FR-readers will like the images... nice portraits of a nice model. But, as you want, I'll make sure people know you're an amateur (just like me ;) )

btw, that's Bert Stephani in your last shot, isn't it?

Yep that's the one :) First time I met him ... nice guy (tall guy !)

And still I forgot to ask the bra size of the model 

(if you've seen his video about the 90mm you'll get the joke)

Yep that's the one :) First time I met him ... nice guy (tall guy !)

And still I forgot to ask the bra size of the model 

(if you've seen his video about the 90mm you'll get the joke)

So back to the expected sample-shot discussion... from the picture I would guess for a 105cm A-cup... but I doubt Bert Stephani usually wears bras ;-)

• 1 month later...

Philippe.

Wonderful photographs.

There is no such thing as ' street ' photography. Each of us would define it differently. I could post tens of images

Of empty streets with nothing but houses on either side. Call it street too. It is a very difficult construct to define.

Keep up the excellent work.

• 6 months later...

I snapped this at Pictureline with my X-t1 with their 90mmF2. Needless to say it's now my 90mmF2 and nearly always on my X-T1. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 months later...