Sign in to follow this  
alex.reusch

Autofocus Mode for Wildlife (XF100-400mm)?

I am going on a Safari in Botswana/Namibia and plan to use my XF100-400mm on my X-Pro2. I don't have that much experience in wildlife photography and I have also not used the XF100-400mm that much so far. Which autofocus mode would you recommend:

- Singe Point?

- Zone?

- Wide/Tracking?

Hallo Alex,

until now I've only shot birds once. I've tried all the options, single point, zone and wide. I'm only work in manual, no programs. To me the cameras could easily have no programs nor priorities at all.

Anyways I found that single and zone were the better, though sometimes you have to half press the shutter button more than once to get the target focuses.

They were moving quickly so I've tried to pan also. You need to make some tries and see what works better for you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yukosteel
      Initial lens review of Viltrox 85mm F1.8 lens on Fujifilm X-T30 camera.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  
    • By Marco34
      Hi , 
      i have a problem with my Xpro2 with 35mm f 1.4 .... 
      I notice a loss of sharpness and i don't know if the camera can't focus because  the viewfinder says it is in focus 
      i  attach 2 photos , one with Xpro 2 and another with H1 ,  to let you understand the problem... here it was  f4  iso 2500 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. shutter 100
    • By davigdor
      My X-T2 autofocuses as expected with my several zoom lenses, but does not autofocus in any mode with my XF 14mm or 23mm primes.  I have two X-T2 bodies, and this is true of both.  Suggestions to attain autofocus with these lenses?
    • By Vashnisht
      Hello Everyone,

I’m trying to use the FujiFilm phone app: CAM REMOTE with my X100F and while it works well for taking pictures, I am having difficulty with using it for video, which I would really like to do.

While I can do a single focus, when taking pictures, by tapping the screen where I would like to focus, then taking the picture, this does not work in the video mode.

In video mode, it seems the only option is for a continuous focus mode where it is always searching for focus — seems like it is looking for movement and focusing on that. Is there are a way to change it so that I can tap on my phone screen and set a single focus point and NOT have it continuously searching for focus (it makes quite a bit of noise).

Any other apps (for iPhone or Mac) or advice on recording video (being able to control focus and start a video) remotely using the x100f, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
    • By KateB
      Can you recommend an ultra wide prime x-mount lens; preferably 8 or 10mm.

However I want to have fully functioning auto focus, exposure and aperture.

Does such a thing exist?

It seems that my only real option is the XF 10-24mm zoom.

Any help would be much appreciated.