A lot of complaining going on here...

For a group that just bought an incredible camera (my opinion as an XPro2 owner) with massive improvements over the camera it replaces, there seems to be a high level of discontent. Well over half of the comments on the first page are critical. I'm not trolling and I'm not a fanboy but my experience has been completely different. What gives?

We have serious issues.

Some have serious issues. And this are the people that will post here on the forum. All the other people that have no problems with their P2 do not post about that. I'm not saying that there are no problems for some users but that is not the case for all users.

Serious issues are quite rare. I'm entertaining Fuji workshops that are pretty intense (they go over 2 days), so there's plenty of time to talk about any serious issues delegates may have with their cameras or lenses or workflow. While there is plenty to learn, there aren't many things that are seriously broken. If there were, my delegates would surely mention them.

Forums are cesspools of discontent. Instead, just go to a real-life meeting with actual Fuji users (I'm hosting one this Sunday here in Schwabach, as folks asked me to see and try the X-T2), and you'll feel a very different and constructive vibe.

Serious issues are quite rare. I'm entertaining Fuji workshops that are pretty intense (they go over 2 days), so there's plenty of time to talk about any serious issues delegates may have with their cameras or lenses or workflow. While there is plenty to learn, there aren't many things that are seriously broken. If there were, my delegates would surely mention them.

Forums are cesspools of discontent. Instead, just go to a real-life meeting with actual Fuji users (I'm hosting one this Sunday here in Schwabach, as folks asked me to see and try the X-T2), and you'll feel a very different and constructive vibe.

Fuji already changed my body but i have still hot pixel issues. I give you link that has my raw files. I want to ask fuji fanboys. how can i use these files?. I am waiting explanation. This is real issue. Nowadays i saw X-T2 videos. Many of them testing this product. All of them say ohhh perfect excellent they did samething for X Pro2 and I had problem. They did not do real extensive test.

https://yadi.sk/d/JuOYkdl_sd5Xe

look at the whole pictures. millions of hot pixels. 

Your 

look at the whole pictures. millions of hot pixels. 

Your link brings to some obscure site which is asking to download files... sorry, but I not going to do that, I don’t think that many would be downloading files from an unknown source, anyway, are you using the pixel mapping of the X Pro 2?

My-Menu.jpg

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-pro2/menu_shooting/pixel_mapping/index.html

Use this option if you notice bright spots in your pictures.

1. Press MENU/OK in the shooting display and select the IMAGE QUALITY SETTING tab.

2. Highlight PIXEL MAPPING and press MENU/OK to perform pixel mapping.

Results are not guaranteed.

Be sure the battery is fully charged before beginning pixel mapping.

Pixel mapping is not available when the camera temperature is elevated.

Processing may take a few seconds.

Your 

Your link brings to some obscure site which is asking to download files... sorry, but I not going to do that, I don’t think that many would be downloading files from an unknown source, anyway, are you using the pixel mapping of the X Pro 2?

My-Menu.jpg

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-pro2/menu_shooting/pixel_mapping/index.html

Use this option if you notice bright spots in your pictures.

1. Press MENU/OK in the shooting display and select the IMAGE QUALITY SETTING tab.

2. Highlight PIXEL MAPPING and press MENU/OK to perform pixel mapping.

Results are not guaranteed.

Be sure the battery is fully charged before beginning pixel mapping.

Pixel mapping is not available when the camera temperature is elevated.

Processing may take a few seconds.

Yes I did many times. Do you have x pro 2? if you have time please send me just 3 min long exposure I want to check.

Edited by serhatalkan

"Issues" are general problems with a product. If an individual camera is broken, have it repaired. If Fuji can't repair it, this forum is a great place to complain about bad service. If they do repair it, it's also a good place to praise the service. There is a current "Fujifilm service praise thread" in the German version of this forum, so this is not totally uncommon.

In any case, I don't have a hot pixel problem with my current X-Pro2, but I can imagine that a faulty sensor or processor may cause such things. I remember seeing this problem in one of my beta cameras during very long exposures (several minutes).

Edited by flysurfer

By the way, even the very real "X-Pro2 forgets all user settings" bug apparently wasn't half as bad as the shitstorm in the forums made us think. I had an internal firmware fix (1.01A, but the "A" didn't show) for this bug several weeks before it was officially released, so I of course offered it to each of my workshop delegates who came in with an X-Pro2. Turns out only one of several new Pro2 users actually wanted it, the rest didn't really seem to experience the problem and decided to wait for the official release. TBH, I found that quite surprising. 

Edited by flysurfer

"Issues" are general problems with a product. If an individual camera is broken, have it repaired. If Fuji can't repair it, this forum is a great place to complain about bad service. If they do repair it, it's also a good place to praise the service. There is a current "Fujifilm service praise thread" in the German version of this forum, so this is not totally uncommon.

In any case, I don't have a hot pixel problem with my current X-Pro2, but I can imagine that a faulty sensor or processor may cause such things. I remember seeing this problem in one of my beta cameras during very long exposures (several minutes).

Can you please send me 3 min long exposure photo without. NR on. You mentioned individual camera problem but fuji already changed my camera and i still have the problem.

I'd never disable NR, because that very feature is there to remove hot pixels.

So wait for noise reduction ))))))))))))))))))))))))))) then you take just 60-70 photo for a battery )))))))))))))))))))))))))) Have ever used other brand? no need to turn nr on for 5-10 min exposure. Never mind I got the point.

You can always do a manual black frame subtraction in Photoshop. Most astro professionals do that, because they don't want to wait for the camera to do it after each shot. 

When the sensor is heating up, hot pixels are unavoidable. In my X-T2, black frame subtraction already sets in at shutter speeds of 8s and slower at base ISO 200. At this ISO, I remember speeds of 30s and slower in the X-T1. 

Edited by flysurfer

You can always do a manual black frame subtraction in Photoshop. Most astro professionals do that, because they don't want to wait for the camera to do it after each shot. 

When the sensor is heating up, hot pixels are unavoidable. In my X-T2, black frame subtraction already sets in at shutter speeds of 8s and slower at base ISO 200. I remember speeds of 30s and longer in the X-T1. 

I got the point. I have friends use other brands. They just use this method or nr on for >10 min exposure. I love sensor and lenses of fuji but as i understood this camera system including xt2 not good for long exposure photography. I wish you and other photographer would test for this before. Because you have chance to test cameras. I buy this camera based on comments reviews etc.

What do you expect? what kind of Fuji fanboy are you? We have serious issues. We are not just point and shoot kind of photographer. We paid money to this and we have right to complain.

Wow.  This thread escalated quickly to this type of commentary.  No one is saying you don't have a right to complain.  Please, step away from the ledge.  It's only a camera. 

Wow.  This thread escalated quickly to this type of commentary.  No one is saying you don't have a right to complain.  Please, step away from the ledge.  It's only a camera. 

wow you just solved the problem.back to normal, uraaaa i have fuji best color, acros uraaa uraaa money trash uraaaa garbage photos uraaaa still have acros uraaaa

I don't think there is anything wrong with being critical. I'm also not interested in spending adult money for a niche toy. I sold $7,000 worth of Canon gear at a huge loss to myself to switch to Fuji. If the camera was not as described in Fuji's marketing, I wouldn't hold back from criticism. It is considered a "pro" camera and even has pro in the name. I think complaints are fair game. My complaint is that the finder cup is rather shallow for me and, as such, not very light tight. I optimistically look forward for deeper cups to become available like the ones that Fuji made for the X-T1. Aside from that, I'm very happy with the camera. I sometimes miss (auto)focus even in perfectly bright light and that is irritating, but it's not chronic enough to worry about. My Canon L lenses missed focus too.

Keep complaining, Fuji has shown that they listen and respond with firmware and new features. Canon, on the other hand, sees people complain about the lack of dynamic range in their sensors everyday and says, "nah, we're making money with what we've got. No improvements needed in the next model." In the end, Fuji is constantly making big improvements with each model and firmware release while other brands roll out new models all the time with only minor updates.

Edited by abonhamc

For a group that just bought an incredible camera (my opinion as an XPro2 owner) with massive improvements over the camera it replaces, there seems to be a high level of discontent. Well over half of the comments on the first page are critical. I'm not trolling and I'm not a fanboy but my experience has been completely different. What gives?

I love my XPro-2!!!

Sharon

You're coming across as a typical whining internet forum user.

Thank god fuji support center (in japan) is not like you I mean funny, I have another words but probably would not be appropriate in here but i think you got it ))))))))))). They looked my ruined photos and They said me they will take care of this problem because it is serious. So fujiboy (it is like a dog name right?) go and enjoy your product. BTW your photography...... )))

Edited by serhatalkan

Thank god fuji support center (in japan) is not like you I mean funny, I have another words but probably would not be appropriate in here but i think you got it ))))))))))). They looked my ruined photos and They said me they will take care of this problem because it is serious. So fujiboy (it is like a dog name right?) go and enjoy your product. BTW your photography...... )))

You do realize that this forum doesnt exist to do your work for you, and that you arent owed anything by other members here, right?

So you have a problem with the camera.   What do you want from us - sympathy?  A hug?   A boycott of Fuji?