XT-2 Preorders

deepsun

My update today was that I am NOT in on the 20 cameras they received this morning. They have another shipment on Thursday coming in, but once again don't know how many and what time of the day. In a perfect world they would get the remainder of their allocation supplying ME and it would come in the morning so it could go out same day Thursday and get to me Friday morning. That is perfect world. I know we don't typically live in that world, so who knows. Won't get the final word till Thursday.

I had my pre-order in on July 8 and just talked to an online rep at BH. He told me that the camera wouldn't be in their warehouse until September 12. I asked if I could get complimentary overnight shipping, but that was a no-go. I'm a bit disappointed at this point that I didn't order through Amazon, as I've seen a few posts from people who pre-ordered weeks after I did saying that they have received delivery estimates for September 8.

Edited by cmcullington

I pre-ordered from B&H a few days late waiting on WAF. Hopefully I am still in the first batch to go out. I ordered from B&H as they are tax-free which saved me around $160 on my order. I was hoping to use the camera at an event this weekend but I don't have high hopes that it will ship out first thing on the 8th. I called/online-chat with the reps who gave me no new info or knew where I was in the pre-order queue other than to say the stock they had should fulfill "most" of their pre-orders. :wacko:

Looks like B&H has marked the new batteries as "In Stock" on my order (though not on the site)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

HI all

I am very pleased. I put my order in on the 7/8th July with my local camera shop Chiswick Camera Centre who I bought my X-E2 and some lenses through as I like to support local shops that let you get hand on. I was at first hesitant as I thought the WEX's and Amazons of this world would probably get there shipments first and I would be sat waiting around for the second batch. I got a call today saying my X-T2 had arrived this morning and that I can come and collect it first thing tomorrow (not today due to embargo).

So very pleased that not only have I managed to support a local shop but I have been able to do so without any penalty in terms of delivery :) okay its not being delivered I have to pick it up, but its a 5 minute walk so I will live :)

G

I picked up my X-T2 2 hours ago from local shop. Win for the Local shop  :)

So far I am blown away. As i read someone say somewhere it makes X-T1 look like a Beta model and I loved that camera.

So far only tried it with 35mm F1.4 as that is my favorite lens and the one I know the best. AF improvement in High Perf mode (no grip) is absolutely fantastic real improvement especially given that is an old lens. Its now lightening fast. Continous is good for stills, but its very very hunty in video mode, however I was useing the general CAF setting I have not played with the custom ones yet so this may improve. Also the 35mm will generally be used in Manual focus mode when I shoot video, I was just testing it for interest.

So many nice little touches, the layout feels more open without the video button, the joystick is cough a joy, the d-pad is so much more confident and firm and easy to find with your fingers. IN video mode when you drop shutter speed from 30 to 15 on the dial it automatically goes to 1/24 or 1/25 of a second if you are in a 24FPS or 25FPS video mode, this small detail is huge on the X-T1 if you were in those modes you had to fiddle about and could not get 1/24th if memory serves me right.

Structurally the side doors for SD card and interfaces are so so much better. THe battery door satch switch feels less robust than on X-T1 but that might be becuase its so smooth there is no resistance and it feels weird. Time will tell, to be honest I am splitting hairs here but I thought I should put something in to balance the gushing.

The images so far have been very very good, but not had time to process or get them on a PC so this is based on the back of the camera, but resolution improvement is very good.

I will post more thoughts in the coming days, but its a solid upgrade giving me a lot of the ergonomic AF and video improvements I have been waiting for. Further use of the AF in more varied settings and with better lens is needed.I am very interested to see how the 50-140mm does as apparently that is my fastest focusing lens

G

After having delays on my pre-orders from B&H and Amazon, I was able to get a grip and camera from Adorama.  I spoke to Mike and he said as of 10:30 EST today, that they had the body only and kits in stock (in limited quantities).  Anyone not wanting to wait on Amazon should check them out.

i spoke to an adorama customer service rep. and was told they have plenty of x-t2 cameras to go around for their pre-orders.  they even have excess.  however, the shipment came in yesterday, it's still being processed and none of the cameras will be shipped out until later today.  we should receive them tomorrow.

I'm still in "new order processing" limbo with B&H. Tempted to see if placing an order with Adorama or other goes faster.

Edit: Checked on Adorama, it said "in stock" with free overnight shipping, placed an order there and will be cancelling with B&H as they haven't charged my card or updated anything about the order all day. 

Edited by deepsun

I'm still in "new order processing" limbo with B&H. Tempted to see if placing an order with Adorama or other goes faster.

Edit: Checked on Adorama, it said "in stock" with free overnight shipping, placed an order there and will be cancelling with B&H as they haven't charged my card or updated anything about the order all day. 

I am in the same boat. I figured B&H would have these shipped out first thing this morning. 

I just got messages from Adorama and B&H.  They both said, "We are unable to process your order at this time due to being too busy answering calls from people asking if we are processing their order.  In order to ensure timely dispatch of your X-T2 please tell customers to stop calling us." 

I just got messages from Adorama and B&H.  They both said, "We are unable to process your order at this time due to being too busy answering calls from people asking if we are processing their order.  In order to ensure timely dispatch of your X-T2 please tell customers to stop calling us." 

Hah. I didn't call or chat with either store, but that doesn't surprise me. 

Just got my B&H shipping notice with tracking number!

Edit: 09/12/16 delivery  :angry: 

Edit: Called B&H minutes after I got the shipping notice and asked if they could speed up the shipping. They said they would be happy to! however they cant... No way for me to know that the camera would not arrive until Monday until I got the shipping notification and the camera is already on the truck by the time the tracking number is sent. They can't recall that order and send out a new one as they don't have enough stock. So any way I cut it the camera won't be here until Monday because B&H didn't consider the pre-order ship date and standard 2 day shipping options. I image many others are in the same boat.

Edited by pcmofo