XT-2 Preorders

deepsun

I decided to take a leap into the Fuji system with the X-T2 and pre-ordered it from Adorama three days ago.  I got an email from Adorama the day after I placed the order saying my X-T2 was back ordered, so I called them to clarify whether back order was the same or different than pre-order.  I was told that it was the same thing.  The email simply meant they do not have an item in stock that I ordered and does not necessarily mean an additional back order delay over the pre-order date.  Having read all of the pre-order threads, I pretty much figure I will not get one from the Sept.8th batch as I pre-ordered pretty late.  Hopefully the next batch won't be too long after that.

I have been a Nikon shooter for the past few years, and have been selling off my Nikon glass for the past couple of weeks to get some money for Fuji glass.  Having over analyzed every scenario and driving myself nuts, I am thinking of getting a 23mm f/2, 35mm f/2, 56mm f/1.2, and 90mm f/2.  The only thing that I am going back and forth on, is the 90mm.  I really want to try all primes, but am not sure if I will miss having something longer, so might drop the 90mm for the 50-140mm zoom.  Decisions, decisions :)

I went ahead and ordered the 56mm last night, so I will have one lens to play with, when my new X-T2 arrives. Originally I was going to order the 35mm f/2 as my first lens, but when I saw the 56mm was on sale, I decided to get it first.  I would have kicked myself if I got the 35mm at full price, then decided to get the 56mm a few weeks from now, and the price was backup to it's normal price.  

Ordered it about two days after the original announcement from BnH. I am really hoping that I get the camera in the first batch - especially since I have two lenses ready to go for the Fuji system (am a very very recent convert over from Nikon and this will be my first Fuji body).

I decided to take a leap into the Fuji system with the X-T2 and pre-ordered it from Adorama three days ago.  I got an email from Adorama the day after I placed the order saying my X-T2 was back ordered, so I called them to clarify whether back order was the same or different than pre-order.  I was told that it was the same thing.  The email simply meant they do not have an item in stock that I ordered and does not necessarily mean an additional back order delay over the pre-order date.  Having read all of the pre-order threads, I pretty much figure I will not get one from the Sept.8th batch as I pre-ordered pretty late.  Hopefully the next batch won't be too long after that.

I have been a Nikon shooter for the past few years, and have been selling off my Nikon glass for the past couple of weeks to get some money for Fuji glass.  Having over analyzed every scenario and driving myself nuts, I am thinking of getting a 23mm f/2, 35mm f/2, 56mm f/1.2, and 90mm f/2.  The only thing that I am going back and forth on, is the 90mm.  I really want to try all primes, but am not sure if I will miss having something longer, so might drop the 90mm for the 50-140mm zoom.  Decisions, decisions :)

I went ahead and ordered the 56mm last night, so I will have one lens to play with, when my new X-T2 arrives. Originally I was going to order the 35mm f/2 as my first lens, but when I saw the 56mm was on sale, I decided to get it first.  I would have kicked myself if I got the 35mm at full price, then decided to get the 56mm a few weeks from now, and the price was backup to it's normal price.  

The 56 1.2 is about the sharpest lens out there, but be forewarned it is not a fast focusing lens.

Same for the 90.

It may not be the best lens for a first experience with the Fuji X-T2, as it "under performs" the camera in so far as quickness.

If you are coming from Nikon think first generation AF.

It can be a bit frustrating of a lens.

The images are spectacular, AF a bit not.

I'd grab something else as a first lens to see how snappy the Fuji system can be.

My 2 cents.

Peter

www.tmaxphoto.com

www.KMA438.com

Thanks for the info pete1959.  I already ordered the 56mm.  Even though AF might not be as fast as some other Fuji lenses, I will still enjoy it for its fast f/1.2 aperture and sharpness.  I am probably not going to get the 90mm now after thinking it through some more.  I am leaning towards the 16mm f/1.4, and the 35mm f/2 to round out my initial primes.  I might order the 16mm in the next few days seeing as it is still discounted by $200.  I will then take some time to think about what I need for the telephoto end later.  I have been watching some of Ted Vieira's videos on Youtube and he raves about how good the 16mm f/1.4, and 35mm f/2 are.  I doubt I will get the X-t2 in the first batch as I just pre-ordered it the other day, so I will probably have a couple of lenses waiting for it to arrive for a while :)

XF 90mm is the sharpest  of all he wants to buy. I have both 56 and 90  and there's no comparison which is better in terms of sharpness and autofocus.My moto is the newest Fuji glass the better imo.

The 56 1.2 is about the sharpest lens out there, but be forewarned it is not a fast focusing lens.

Same for the 90.

It may not be the best lens for a first experience with the Fuji X-T2, as it "under performs" the camera in so far as quickness.

If you are coming from Nikon think first generation AF.

It can be a bit frustrating of a lens.

The images are spectacular, AF a bit not.

I'd grab something else as a first lens to see how snappy the Fuji system can be.

My 2 cents.

Peter

Pre-Ordered 2 sets of  XT-2 bodies, Vertical Power Booster Grips, & Metal Hand Grips on separate orders with next day delivery from B&H on 7/7/2016 @ 12:14am.  A B&H rep said it will all ship on the 8th. I really hope so.  On the 10th I'm leaving for 2 weeks in Paris and would love to have the XT-2's for the trip.  :-)

Fuji should do what Nikon USA does. If you are a Pro photographer and a Nikon NPS member you can pre-order, pre-pay like anyone else from a Nikon authorized dealer but you get bumped to the top of the list for new Nikon gear. I got the new 105 mm 1.4 from B&H last Friday delivered easily a day or two ahead of the rest non NPS members .  Neat benefit for Pro photographers. Of course you have to prove you are a pro with Nikon, you can't just claim it, they have several steps and it is not a overnight process, took months for me once I applied.

So I called B&H again today. The rep I spoke with was a bit out to lunch on fine details of the shipment coming in vs. the embargo and such. I ended up speaking with a supervisor. Things got worse. It seems that the lens I ordered with the camera (the 16-55 f2.8) became OUT of stock between the time I ordered it and now. They had PO's with Fuji for new one's, which is now stated as being 7-14 days away from being available again. So the supervisor informed me that while they couldn't in any way guarantee the lens would be in the same time the body would be, it "could" happen. He also stated that Fuji had NOT confirmed the actual delivery date they will physically have the cameras in their warehouse READY to ship on the 8th, which of course is the embargo date all have to adhere to and NOT release or ship cameras BEFORE that date period.

That said he's trying to remain optimistic stating that for whatever reason a few reps stated that they were getting their bodies in Thursday and I could call to confirm all was well with my getting mine on Friday the 9th, he suggested waiting till next Wednesday, the so called day before the day before, in which to confirm that not only the body but my 16-55 f2.8 lens was there with my name on it to go out with a body on Thursday  the 8th. He surmised the worst case scenario would be calling on Thursday or Friday morning to arrange a Saturday morning delivery if I didn't wish to wait till Monday to get it (which I don't). Just as a precautionary measure I ordered a 50-140 f2.8/1.4 teleconverter kit package for delivery tomorrow just to have SOMETHING in my hand to be ready for whatever happens in case they don't get a 16-55 f2.8 in. At least then I'll have a good lens to play with as I wait for the other to show up. What a hassle. So guys, in the end........NOTHING is guaranteed which we thought was.

I decided to order the 23mm f/1.4 lens from Adorama last night to go with my pre-ordered X-T2 because of the $250 Fuji discount and the $100 Adorama gift card that Adorama currently offers with the lens.  To my surprise even though the lens won't be delivered for another week with their free shipping, they emailed me the gift card today. 

I called Adorama and asked them to use the gift card towards my X-T2 pre-order and they did it.  Really happy I not only saved $250 on a great lens, but also saved $100 on my X-T2 by buying the lens from Adorama.  I'm off to buy a lottery ticket ;)