XT-2 Preorders

deepsun

Sounds to me like you're trying to convince yourself more than anything else.  I've read MANY reviews that discuss IQ, and all of them have been extremely positive (not quite sure which ones you've been looking at).  Holding off is always a good idea if you want to wait for a better deal and allow some time for early bugs to shake out.  However, many of us have been waiting with bated breath for the AF improvements that this camera delivers, and frankly, I know that Fuji will stand by the product if there are any issues that show up after launch.  I'm not a photojournalist making my living with the camera, so if issues show up, it's not the end of the world for me.  Therefore, I'm quite happy to be among the first to get one from my local dealer.  I've done that many times in the past with Canon, and now with Fuji, and haven't been burned yet.

Convince my self of what?  Not getting an X-T2???  Heck no!  I am definitely getting one!  I just don't want to jump on the bandwagon until you guys, here and on other sites prepare your own, personal, unbiased reviews and image quality tests. In addition if I wait until 2017 I can fully deduct the camera from next years income by either taking my Section 179 deduction, or depreciating it over time.  So I AM CONVINCED.  I am going to get one, but as i said, I'll wait until the kinks are out -- regardless of whether Fuji fixes them or not, I don't want the headaches associated with a problem camera.  And just as an FYI I have a Fuji office, where I've had my Fuji S1, S2Pro's from years back repaired less than an hour from my home and they have full walk-in, pro services.  Even with all that, I think I'll wait a while. My current X-T1 is still amazing and generates some wonderful images.

To me the question of Image Quality is simply answered by the XPro2 images.  The Sensor and processor in the two cameras are the same so I would expect the Image Quality of the two to be VERY similar if not the same.  My pre-order was based on the new sensor and other new features that provide what I really see as an improvement on a camera that i didn't think could be improved (XT-1).  

Based on the rumors I knew what I was looking for so 7/7 early morning I put my order in.  I've never pre-ordered anything before - this wait is killing me!!!!  :)

To me the question of Image Quality is simply answered by the XPro2 images.  The Sensor and processor in the two cameras are the same so I would expect the Image Quality of the two to be VERY similar if not the same.  My pre-order was based on the new sensor and other new features that provide what I really see as an improvement on a camera that i didn't think could be improved (XT-1).  

Based on the rumors I knew what I was looking for so 7/7 early morning I put my order in.  I've never pre-ordered anything before - this wait is killing me!!!!   :)

Exactly my thought process on this. I had no reason to wait until I saw IQ samples from the XT-2 given the XPro-2 has the identical sensor and processor. I was in Henry's in Toronto at 10am on July 7. I am the first person on the pre-order list. With a 12-month "half-back" trade-in allowance for my X-T1, I feel I'm getting a decent deal. I get 50% trade-in value for the MSRP of the XT-1 (about $750). I wouldn't be able to sell it for more than $500 I don't think.

Sept 8 is perfect for me that would mean a nice safe delivery on the 12th, but I am betting on Aug 30.  I say that because that would put the 3 day delivery on my day off at my work before the long Labor day holiday.  This means the camera will sit in an empty, but open to theft office for five days!  Murphy's Law says Aug 30th release with a Sept 2 delivery at my office  LOL :)

I pre-ordered one with the battery grip from WEX in the UK as the X-Pro 2 convinced me to move wholly over from Nikon, I've been swithering over actually buying it though (I fancy a drone) but I believe the XT2 is likely to get more use than a drone... I've also invested a fair whack in lenses over the last few months (Used 16mm f1.4, used 23mm f1.4 and used 56mm f1.2, used 16-55 & new 50-140) in anticipation of the post-Brexit price hikes....

Ordered two on Adorama the evening it "went live" by compulsively "clicking-clicking-clicking" on the link  until it went from "Unavailable" to "Available-Preorder".

The moment it did I raced through the checkout process in about thirty seconds and was done.

So I'm guessing I'm about as close to the top of the list as one can be.

An absolute childish approach, I know. But I lost my X-T1 to rain in May during travel, and have been struggling along on a single X-T10 since then.

(Why two? I will never travel or do a paid gig with one camera. I was a two camera Canon 5DIII shooter for many years. I abhor changing from lens to lens. I keep a wide or normal on one and a semi-long to long prime on the other. I have the advantage of a back-up if one camera fails. Re-enforced by having my X-T10 fail two weeks ago at work. Under warranty. Stuff happens. But I'm now shooting with a loaner from a friend.)

I want my X-T2 system!

LOL

Peter

www.tmaxphoto.com

www.kma438.com

Your weatherproof X-T1 was destroyed by rain?

The X-T1 is not weatherproof, it is weather resistant. The weather can still kill it, especially if the weather is particularly harsh or if you pair it with a lens that is not also weather resistant. No interchangeable lens camera today is weatherproof.

The X-T1 is not weatherproof, it is weather resistant. The weather can still kill it, especially if the weather is particularly harsh or if you pair it with a lens that is not also weather resistant. No interchangeable lens camera today is weatherproof.

Yeah I get that. I was wondering what rain scenario meant the X-T1 was lost. My X-T1 has had lots of rain and not been affected.

X-T1. 23mm f 1.4 (NON WR)

I was photographing in the rain in Washington DC.

I had been warned of an approaching thunderstorm. I'm not from the east coast and didn't realize how suddenly and violent these things can be. In a matter of seconds it was suddenly like standing under the shower with a 50 MPH wind. Even dropping to my knees under the umbrella did nothing.

However, I was having a fun time. All excited. I was only 100 feet from the hotel lobby (DuPont Circle).

I knew my camera was getting soaked but I thought it would be ok.

In two seconds I was totally soaked. I stayed out shooting for another five minutes.

In the hotel I noticed the viewfinder display had condensation on it.

At this point I should have REMOVED THE BATTERY.

I did not.

The camera functioned for the next few minutes as I chimped pictures. Then it died. It never came on again. I tried drying it in rice etc. No good.

In the end it was "beyond economical repair" and I got an insurance payment from my camera homeowners "rider policy".

(FYI normal homeowners insurance doesn't cover loss outside of the home. Go figure. Outside of the home is extra $$$).

In the end I got a shot I like a lot. I got insurance money for my X-T1. I learned to adjust to life with a single X-T10. I learned non WR lenses are NON WR. It was my own fault. Fuji never claimed the X-T1 and 23 f1.4 are WR.

I want the 23 f2 WR.

Peter

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

X-T1. 23mm f 1.4 (NON WR)

I was photographing in the rain in Washington DC.

I had been warned of an approaching thunderstorm. I'm not from the east coast and didn't realize how suddenly and violent these things can be. In a matter of seconds it was suddenly like standing under the shower with a 50 MPH wind. Even dropping to my knees under the umbrella did nothing.

However, I was having a fun time. All excited. I was only 100 feet from the hotel lobby (DuPont Circle).

I knew my camera was getting soaked but I thought it would be ok.

In two seconds I was totally soaked. I stayed out shooting for another five minutes.

In the hotel I noticed the viewfinder display had condensation on it.

At this point I should have REMOVED THE BATTERY.

I did not.

The camera functioned for the next few minutes as I chimped pictures. Then it died. It never came on again. I tried drying it in rice etc. No good.

In the end it was "beyond economical repair" and I got an insurance payment from my camera homeowners "rider policy".

(FYI normal homeowners insurance doesn't cover loss outside of the home. Go figure. Outside of the home is extra $$$).

In the end I got a shot I like a lot. I got insurance money for my X-T1. I learned to adjust to life with a single X-T10. I learned non WR lenses are NON WR. It was my own fault. Fuji never claimed the X-T1 and 23 f1.4 are WR.

I want the 23 f2 WR.

Peter

attachicon.gif20160501_WDC _ (777 of 1051).jpg

Okay that makes total sense! Lol. Mine has had some water on it from light rain, but I never had it in a thundershower downpour. The photo is awesome!  Glad to know you got some of the loss covered.

Thanks for the explanation.