XT-2 Preorders

deepsun

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to start a thread where everyone can post about their preorders. I'll be curious as we get closer to late August/September who is receiving their order and from where. I placed my preorder last week from B&H, and today they changed the expected availability from mid-August to September. 

I placed my preorder through Camera Canada, they tell me I'm first in their queue. They expect their shipment in early September.

Nice! Now I wonder where I managed to fall in line with B&H. Probably not first. Hah. With the X-Pro2, I decided not to preorder and just checked around every day. Managed to find it in stock at Amazon while other people were still waiting for preorders and more stock elsewhere. 

I ordered 4:30 AM July 7th the day of announcement Central time from B&H and it said early September.  That was actually 7:30 Eastern time (B&H time) likely even ahead of the announcement in New York.  I noticed a change to Mid-August the next day and was pleased.  I have not seen the change back to early September, but that would not surprise me.  The original release date given by Fuji was Sept 8th.

I just took another look and it has changed since yesterday "Expected availability: September 2016"

Edited by Lumens

I ordered 4:30 AM July 7th the day of announcement Central time from B&H and it said early September.  That was actually 7:30 Eastern time (B&H time) likely even ahead of the announcement in New York.  I noticed a change to Mid-August the next day and was pleased.  I have not seen the change back to early September, but that would not surprise me.  The original release date given by Fuji was Sept 8th.

I just took another look and it has changed since yesterday "Expected availability: September 2016"

Cool. I ordered mine 9a Eastern. Yeah, I saw they changed the product page to that earlier. Oh well!

I ordered the body only from Michaels (Melbourne, AUS) yesterday. Received an email this morning giving ETA of August 30 based on updated info from Fujifilm Australia.

Interesting! Would be nice if B&H and other retailers did the same kind of thing. Hope your shop's ETA is correct. Let us know.

Got an email this morning from the store saying that Fuji has launched an preorder campaign. It allows you to order the battery grip for half the price, or a lens for 2000sek off (XF 16-55, XF 50-140 or XF 100-400).

Edited by PJM

Got an email this morning from the store saying that Fuji has launched an preorder campaign. It allows you to order the battery grip for half the price, or a lens for 2000sek off (XF 16-55, XF 50-140 or XF 100-400).

That's awesome. Hopefully we'll get deals like that elsewhere.

The release date, I believe, is Sept 8th.   That's the date they might start shipping (from ??), assuming no further delays.

I ordered mine from Broadway Cameras, Vancouver BC Canada, and they expect mid to late Sept before I actually get mine in the store.

I'm in Canada, so B&H might get it a bit sooner I assume.

The release date, I believe, is Sept 8th.   That's the date they might start shipping (from ??), assuming no further delays.

I ordered mine from Broadway Cameras, Vancouver BC Canada, and they expect mid to late Sept before I actually get mine in the store.

I'm in Canada, so B&H might get it a bit sooner I assume.

Interesting, my preorder was with Camera Canada and they expect to get their shipment in early September.

I ordered mine a few minutes after the official release through B&H...I'm certain that it will arrive the day after I leave for a week in Iceland...Curious about the offer for the battery grip at half off...I have not heard of the offer before and am wondering if it would be applied to orders already placed...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have viewed more XT-2 videos than I can stand and read every article I could find.  It's Time!!!  I WANT IT IN MY HANDS NOW!!!!!!  OK, yes I am a bit impatient.  Just needed to say it :)

Yeah, considered going to one of the preview events near me, but it's a 2-hour drive and costs $25, just to play with the camera for a few hours. Not sure I'm THAT impatient about it. 

I pre-ordered mine on July 22 at my local official Fui retailer (in France), when the fuji rep came for the X-T2 preview.

I've had a 100€ discount on the power grip because I re-ordered both ( no lens).

I've tried it for approx 1h and coming from the x-e2, the X-T2 is a HUGE improvement, no hesitation  :rolleyes:

I remember the fuji guy confirmed the deal, but I think it depend on the retailer, the type of contract they have with fuji.

I am surprised to not see such a deal for everyone. It should be available on September 9th (maybe 8th), if there is no change of plans.

Wow, I'm waiting for a deal like that. Camera + battery grip. In Holland so far only offerings of body only or X-T2+18-55mm,  I will ask my local dealer during the X-T2 touch and try roadshow mid august..

Unfortunately I learned my lesson the hard way when I pre-ordered the Nikon D800 back in 2012.  What a freakin' mess that was.  Now, my D800e is freakin' awesome. Anyway, I will not pre-order.  As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to kick back and wait until next spring or summer before I pull the trigger.  Why?  Because the reviewers online have their "rose-colored glasses" on and/or are using not only pre-production models, but are provided by Fuji.  What's the old saying:  Don't bite the hand that feeds you?  Or how about don't let the fox guard the hen house?  

In addition I have not seen a SINGLE review(er) yet discuss the image quality!!!  Have you?  No.  They are under orders not to until the camera is released.  Why would you or anyone order a new camera, basically sight unseen, which is basically unproven? 

Like I said, I won't make that mistake again.  I'll wait until all the pioneers take all the arrows, then I'll just come along and get the best of the best.  I'm in no hurry.  If I want added resolution from my X-T1 all I have to do is take a two/three shot vertical pano and wind up with MORE resolution than the 24MP cranks out anyway.  But I digress.  Yes, I will probably be buying one, but not until all the kinks (if any) are worked out, and not until the price drops a bit.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it  :)

Unfortunately I learned my lesson the hard way when I pre-ordered the Nikon D800 back in 2012.  What a freakin' mess that was.  Now, my D800e is freakin' awesome. Anyway, I will not pre-order.  As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to kick back and wait until next spring or summer before I pull the trigger.  Why?  Because the reviewers online have their "rose-colored glasses" on and/or are using not only pre-production models, but are provided by Fuji.  What's the old saying:  Don't bite the hand that feeds you?  Or how about don't let the fox guard the hen house?  

In addition I have not seen a SINGLE review(er) yet discuss the image quality!!!  Have you?  No.  They are under orders not to until the camera is released.  Why would you or anyone order a new camera, basically sight unseen, which is basically unproven? 

Like I said, I won't make that mistake again.  I'll wait until all the pioneers take all the arrows, then I'll just come along and get the best of the best.  I'm in no hurry.  If I want added resolution from my X-T1 all I have to do is take a two/three shot vertical pano and wind up with MORE resolution than the 24MP cranks out anyway.  But I digress.  Yes, I will probably be buying one, but not until all the kinks (if any) are worked out, and not until the price drops a bit.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it  :)

Sounds to me like you're trying to convince yourself more than anything else.  I've read MANY reviews that discuss IQ, and all of them have been extremely positive (not quite sure which ones you've been looking at).  Holding off is always a good idea if you want to wait for a better deal and allow some time for early bugs to shake out.  However, many of us have been waiting with bated breath for the AF improvements that this camera delivers, and frankly, I know that Fuji will stand by the product if there are any issues that show up after launch.  I'm not a photojournalist making my living with the camera, so if issues show up, it's not the end of the world for me.  Therefore, I'm quite happy to be among the first to get one from my local dealer.  I've done that many times in the past with Canon, and now with Fuji, and haven't been burned yet.

Edited by Jerry-Astro