mbart

Boats, ships & Ocean liner (OPEN TOPIC)

Second curtain shutter:

This one is not the typical long exposure night time boat photo:

I think I must have pressed the cable shutter release button while moving the tripod, but it turned out okay :).

34 minutes ago, George_P said:

How are you doing here, Jerry ?    Does this count ?

That depends, what does the plaque say? 😃 otherwise, good catch!

It is good to see your photos again, I hope things are going well for you.

Edited by jerryy

4 hours ago, jerryy said:

That depends, what does the plaque say? 😃 otherwise, good catch!
It is good to see your photos again, I hope things are going well for you.

Thanks a lot. I am OK, just too busy recently. I'd like to help you out here a bit. Got some more boats for you, but I ain't got no water !

2 hours ago, George_P said:

Thanks a lot. I am OK, just too busy recently. I'd like to help you out here a bit. Got some more boats for you, but I ain't got no water !

Do not lose hope, Spring is on the way, ..., maybe the Spring rains will pick those puppies up and move them back out of the mud. Or high tide will, whichever comes first. :)

What moon phase are you in? Usually the Spring new and full moon(s) give the best high tides.

Or, you could drag out a big 'ol fire hose, hook it up to the local water tower and fill that harbor. :D

Too late. The tide is rising, it is under water now. These guys are dipping their feet in the water already. Anyway, forget the gobie, that white-red-blue big fat mudskipper is prettier for sure.

Edited by George_P

4 hours ago, George_P said:

Too late. The tide is rising, it is under water now. These guys are dipping their feet in the water already. Anyway, forget the gobie, that white-red-blue big fat mudskipper is prettier for sure.

Weeelll shucks, I was really hoping to see those mudskipper oxudercine gobies, but yeah, I can see that by now, they would be swimming, swimming, swimming 🤪.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By andrew brown
      Had a weekend at Chatham in Kent staying with some friends, during which we got to enjoy a walk around the old Naval Base/ Naval Museum and surrounding walks etc.

Along the way we came along this view of the yacjts all moored and apparently in a fairly straight line. A quick reach into my pocket resulted in this image being created - it's why you own a camera like the X-100T.

The image has been cropped in Adobe Lightroom and the trees recovered using the shadow slider, otherwise it is fairly close to how it came out of the camera.

Just not sure if I should have cropped more tightly along the bottom edge?
    • (From an older inquiry I responded to here) I bought the pair listed below. Both are made by Godox but are rebranded house brands from Adorama. B&H also has Godox rebranded house brands though I don’t know their name for it. The reason I went with Godox is they are inexpensive and rated very high on multiple websites.  I first bought the pair as Godox branded but the warranty was a joke. The flash and off camera support both had a card insert explainin
    • Excellent, glad it worked out Ty!
    • Thank you for your advice. I was able to slide a credit card into the slight gap between the lens mount and the cap, I kept forcing it around the edge of the mount as I put pressure on the cap to turn. It finally popped off. A tab on the inside of the cap had broken off at some point and I'm guessing that was preventing it from releasing properly. I appreciate your help!
    • Not on the X-T3 either?! I thought for sure it would have it. 
    • What are your main needs from a flash ? I have a nissin i40 - which is perfectly sized for X cameras as well as fuji styled dials - however , it can't be controlled by a radio trigger - only optical slave mode