Survey: Fuji X-T2 or Fuji X-Pro2?

Fuji X-T2 oder Fuji X-Pro2?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the choice: Fuji X-T2 or Fuji X-Pro2?

• Fuji X-T2
    • Fuji X-Pro2
    • I'll take both of them!
    • I'd prefer another Fuji X....
    • Something completely different (please explain below)

for me it is still a difficult decision, the X-T2 rules the X-Pro with some features but for me: X-Pro2

1st: X-Tn especially with that Battery-Option looks more to slay a person than to take a friendly portraiture

2nd: OVF! No delay and as long as I'm using short lenses a good overview (longer once are to big for the OVF)

3rd: EVF! for other things if needed. (Still, the X-Line has IMO no replacement for fast moving objects, makros, long lenses, where I prefer a DSLR, which is my "youngtimer" Nikon D300s)

But: No tilt-Screen (, but has the X-T2 a real tilt screen? No!)

I hope that the remote app will be fast enough to substitute the missing Tilt Screen in some situations.

I'll take them both, I had an XPro 1 and while I found the AF to be useless for street and street style photography, I still used it at musical events where I had to be quiet. Loved the concept. Never bought an XT1 cuz I have a large Canon system which I am now selling off. I'm only ditching the Canon cuz I feel the XT2 is now a viable camera to replace a 5Dmkii, at least for what I do.

My plan was to wait until the XT2 was released and then compare it to the XP2 and get the one that best suited my needs. But I happened to see a used XP2 at B&H at a good price and decided to take the plunge. Thoroughly enjoy shooting with it but also looking forward to the XT2. 

From X100S to X-T1 to X-Pro 2 but I think I will go back to X-T2 again next year.

Reasons why:

The ISO dial is bugging me the most

The camera gets hot really fast

Eats batteries 2x as fast as the X-T1

Missing my BIG viewfinder of the X-T1

No tilt screen

Edited by wildcart

The X-Pro is excellent, but it's just too large for me - I like to have my camera most days.  The X-T2 is a great camera - but why does it need to look like a 'mock DSLR'?  It's like one of the new VW Beetles that has the engine in the front - it's a fake DSLR with a pretend prism.

Sony did the same with the 7 series.

An X-E3 would be perfection.

Greetings FujiFilm X-System photographers! As a happy XT-1 landscape and products photographer, I recently upgraded to the X-Pro2. The image quality in large poster prints (18x24 inch and up) from the new sensor is fantastic! However, one issue I found when using a nissin i40 flash on camera is that it will lock up the X-Pro2, regardless of which flash mode is used (manual or TTL). Of course I enable mechanical shutter only, with flash. Further testing is required.

XT2. However I shall see what the 5DIV is like before committing to 2 of them. Depends on video capability. Have a couple of weddings to do as favours so am in no hurry to dispose of my Canon gear. I have much more gear in retirement than I need so decisions have to be made.

Edited by TonyB

If I choose to stick with the Fuji X System I'll likely get the X-T2. I love and prefer the form factor and feel of the X-Pro as I'm getting used to the recent buy of my used Pro-1. But, there are just too many complaints with the viewfinder and it doesn't seem like the Pro2 is leaps and bounds better than the Pro1 in that regard. I don't care about video or wifi but the speed of the XTs seems to be better and the viewfinder gets rave reviews relatively speaking for mirrorless. Now...to find the funds...

If I choose to stick with the Fuji X System I'll likely get the X-T2. I love and prefer the form factor and feel of the X-Pro as I'm getting used to the recent buy of my used Pro-1. But, there are just too many complaints with the viewfinder and it doesn't seem like the Pro2 is leaps and bounds better than the Pro1 in that regard. I don't care about video or wifi but the speed of the XTs seems to be better and the viewfinder gets rave reviews relatively speaking for mirrorless. Now...to find the funds...

I'll be very pleased if the x-t2 is that much better than the x-pro2, with ovf it really is like using a calibrated red dot sight

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The x-pro2 for focus tracking is excellent, 

Loved the XT1 w/grip when I first got it, since I was moving from 35mm to mirrorless for the first time, it was a comfortable fit given the form factor. Then I picked up an X-Pro2 body at a store sneak peak event and really liked the size of it compared to the XT1. I had an X100T as well, and I really like the larger form of the Pro2 compared to the 100. Traded the 100 for the Pro2 to save some money and now my XT1 is my second/back up body. Still gets use, usually with a longer lens, but the Pro has my photography heart. Just love the Pro2 and the rangefinder style.

Very sensible approach. As I'll be one of those early adopters on this one, I think I might do a write up of my thoughts and experience after a month or so of using it very heavily.

I agree...sensible approach. As an X-Pro2 user, though I love the image quality from the new X-Trans III sensor (combined with the superb Fujinon XF glass, the sharpness and detail rendition is fantastic!), I am curious to see if there is even a slight improvement in image quality between these two cameras, though I realize they use the same sensor and processing engine. Could Fuji have possibly just "tweaked" the engine a bit in the 6 months between cameras, to eek out even more detail from the excellent sensor? (And BTW, I have a mint condition XT-1 with XF 60mm Macro or sale in the classified section, if anyone is interested.) Thank you.

Coming back here to share my thoughts after a couple days of shooting (including an editorial shoot for the NYT) with the X-Pro2 and the X-T2 side-by-side. I wear glasses, and typically even wear them while shooting because it's less hassle in the morning, and more comfortable on long days, than putting in contacts. The X-Pro2 has been with me since March and I've absolutely loved it. About as soon as I put the X-T2 to my eye, I started questioning whether I would keep the X-Pro2. The bigger viewfinder on the X-T2 is much more comfortable for me to use wearing my glasses. When I have my contacts in, the difference in size isn't a huge deal. I love the rangefinder style of the X-Pro2, but my eye loves the viewfinder on the X-T2. Other than that, the only thing that makes me think I'd like to have another X-T2 is the tilting LCD. I never in my life thought I would say something like that. But I shot some real estate with the X-T2 on a tripod and tilting the LCD was a life saver when I was behind the camera in corner and couldn't bend down to the viewfinder, or to look at the LCD straight on. 

Having a hard time thinking of compelling reasons to keep the X-Pro2. :-/

I've so liked shooting with the X-Pro2, that I had been thinking of keeping my X-Pro2... even after receiving 2 X-T2 bodies. I only have 1 of the 2 at this point, but the X-T2 EVF is simply fantastic. For most shoots, I'll be using the 2 X-T2's because shooting the X-Pro2 alongside the X-T2 is clumsy cause the controls are rather different. 

I'm going to sell the X-T1 for sure... and soon, and likely the X-Pro2 as well, but not immediately. 

Edited by deva

I voted with my wallet for the X-T2.

I now suspect the GFX development was partly responsible for deferring development of an X-E3 and, probably, slowing effort in an admittedly-full XF lens portfolio. However, now that the new medium format body and lens line-up is nearing the finish line, planning for new or refreshed products should be underway at Fujifilm.

The new square Instax deserves a new printer, in my opinion, and some of the first APS-C lenses could use a refresh.