Survey: Fuji X-T2 or Fuji X-Pro2?

Fuji X-T2 oder Fuji X-Pro2?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the choice: Fuji X-T2 or Fuji X-Pro2?

• Fuji X-T2
    • Fuji X-Pro2
    • I'll take both of them!
    • I'd prefer another Fuji X....
    • Something completely different (please explain below)

I have both now. The X-T2 is the workhorse. But the X-pro2 feels less obtrusive for casual shooting.

I felt the same way, more or less. I really love the look and feel of the XPro2, but really find myself reaching for the X-T2 a LOT more often. I never use the OVF so the eye relief on the XPro2 makes it sort of annoying to actually use for me. So pretty though. 

I felt the same way, more or less. I really love the look and feel of the XPro2, but really find myself reaching for the X-T2 a LOT more often. I never use the OVF so the eye relief on the XPro2 makes it sort of annoying to actually use for me. So pretty though. 

Yes, the X-T2 EVF is soooo much more superior than I was expecting. I only use the OVF for street shooting, nothing else. But as a glasses wearer, the viewfinder is barely acceptable on the X-PRO2. Still worth it though for the more old school looks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried both when I was in the market to upgrade my X-T1...  Neither the dealer nor myself could get the X-Pro2 focus to work correctly... which put me off.... also I am left handed and left eyed which seemed more un-comfortable on the X-Pro2 than the X-T2... 

@mostlyphotos

I had the same experience when first trying the x-pro2. Kept back focusing and just behaving weird inside the store. I am almost certain your test model had the old firmware, because with firmware 3.0 the camera works great. I now own one :-) Face detection is not that impressive though.

Edited by petergabriel

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was right there the other day, when my niece came upon a four leafed clover!

My luck hasn't changed any though - two months on, nobody has contributed anything to this thread except a click of their mouse (or maybe they used Tapatalk on their phone to indicate nothing useful whatsoever ... )  :o

I recently switched all my pro Canon gear for the new Fuji X-T and tons of glass.

Every-time I shoot with it I am amazed, and have never looked back!

Concert shoot with X-T2 + XF50-140

I too am amazed with the results from the 14/23/50/90 but these shots taken with that 50-140 - wow! They are darn good! Handheld? I consider that a heavy lens, maybe I should look and try again. Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Look what I found today. Unfortunately I only used the X-T2 cameras for 4K and it looks like Fuji expects these cameras to stop unexpectedly.  Can't recommend these to anyone for professional use-sorry.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Bill28

• 2 weeks later...

Look what I found today. Unfortunately I only used the X-T2 cameras for 4K and it looks like Fuji expects these cameras to stop unexpectedly.  Can't recommend these to anyone for professional use-sorry.

Any camera will stop if the battery overheat or if it is empty! This is just a disclaimer to explain that a high electricity consumption may the battery heating to a point it will stop working.

I am not sure that it will stop each time you use very long exposure time or burst mode.

Edited by davidh_photography

Are there cameras out there that DON'T have this warning? Is there a camera that won't stop recording when the battery dies?

• 4 weeks later...

Look what I found today. Unfortunately I only used the X-T2 cameras for 4K and it looks like Fuji expects these cameras to stop unexpectedly. Can't recommend these to anyone for professional use-sorry.

I never really understand why people buy Fujifilm cameras for video. It's clearly not high on Fujifilm's to-do list. Personally I am fine with that (I don't do anything with video), but I think that some other brands are a much more logical choice for videocentric work.

• 2 weeks later...

the more I see the burst of activity when a new product is announced on the forum the more I understand that a lot of people like buying new cameras.

Then when I see what they do with the cameras (or lens) I wonder what was it that they couldn’t do before that they could do now, since many of those pictures don’t show any of the improved functions that they so dearly paid for.

As it has happened before this call to reflect upon the urge to want the newest product and buying it as opposed to needing the new functions and using them is met with a salvo of “ I can afford the best therefore I do!”.

This is not only true of cameras, the clothing industry knows this all too well.

Some of us have clothes in their cabinets that have never been worn and some of it will be thrown out without even ever wear it.

Consumerism is, of course, the motor of the consumer society but the thing that represent it the most is” owning” the things,. not so much using them.

In other words if we were asked to give away the money for something that we never ever get we wouldn’t do that and yet that is precisely what we do when we buy something we don’t really need (and use).

Another thing is also the vicious cycle triggered by buying new stuff (that many don’t need).

You buy yourself a new camera but then discover that the software that you have on your old computer doesn’t work with the new camera, then you buy a new computer and then you discover that all the software that you used for other things (unrelated to photography) no longer works with your new computer.

Let alone the fact that you get given a system which is not yet tested and , as Apple has painfully displayed lately, has a door open for the hackers , while the previous system is still shut well against invasion.

By the way now there are 8K televisions.

Are you going to demand 8K from Fuji when they just introduced a 4K that is not working very well?

Before you do that remember that the software and computer for the 8K probably will require an upgrade too. The funny thing is that some will only ever use this to shoot pictures of their grandkids running around the garden.

Something is rotten out there, and not only in the state of Denmark .

• 4 weeks later...

Of course, milandro is all too right in what he says. Coming from someone with a whole cupboard full of Fuji X gear, there is no doubt that many of us, and to some extent that includes me, are the victims of good advertising.

Seeing the high quality images produced by experts and hawked around by the marketing department lets many to believe that they could produce images of an equal standard if only they owned this particular widget.

Deep down of course we all know that it is the nut behind the camera that makes the difference, but it is tempting to think otherwise. 

While I own the X-T1 as well as the X-T2, I still love to use the first Fuji camera that I bought, the X-E2. I just love the way it handles and the resulting images are still simply amazing.