Survey: Fuji X-T2 or Fuji X-Pro2?

Fuji X-T2 oder Fuji X-Pro2?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the choice: Fuji X-T2 or Fuji X-Pro2?

• Fuji X-T2
    • Fuji X-Pro2
    • I'll take both of them!
    • I'd prefer another Fuji X....
    • Something completely different (please explain below)

Whichever of the two will come down to a reasonable price first (reasonable for an APS-c, considering the price point the competitors are selling their cameras).

I'd love to use the OVF for human subjects (EVF in low light has too much lag for my taste, at least on the X-T10), and the tilt screen for landscapes (I'm not fond anymore of having to crawl in the mud to frame a shot).

In the end I might well end up with an old XPro1 for reportage/street and the X-T2 for landscape work.

X-T2 for me, BUT NOT FOR A WHILE!  Yes, I can pre-order but I think I'll wait.  All the reviews seem very positive and the reviewers are wearing their rose colored glasses.  I think I'll wait until the actual production models hit the market and the real life reviews start to pour onto the web.  Not that anything is wrong with the mass of reviews out there now, just that I have a small problem with folks who get their equipment FROM the company they are reviewing.  So, as I've said for a long, long time I learned my lesson by being an early adopter of the Nikon D800 and I'll never do that again.  The actual delivery of the X-T2 starts in September(?) so I think I can wait until next spring... Hopefully by then all the bugs (if any, as I'm not saying there are any) will have been worked out, the furor will have died down a bit, and maybe, juuuust maybe, prices will have either come down, or their may be some incentives to purchase the X-T2.  If no incentives or price breaks I'll probably buy one anyway, but let's see what the pioneers think of it first.

I'm very curious...

I really like the look and feel of the X Pro 2. I take mine with me to more places than I used to take my X-T1. It feels easier and friendlier, somehow, and it seems to put people at ease. It doesn't scream 'Photographer' like an SLR-alike does. I'm also loving the smaller, lighter lenses. Happy to give up an f-stop for greater pocketability and weather-resistance. I've sold my 16mm 1.4 and 23mm 1.4, brought my 18mm f2 out of retirement and bought a 35mm f2. I'll be buying the new 23mm and 50mm f2 lenses. That will make a kit that suits me just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X-T2 for me, BUT NOT FOR A WHILE!  Yes, I can pre-order but I think I'll wait.  All the reviews seem very positive and the reviewers are wearing their rose colored glasses.  I think I'll wait until the actual production models hit the market and the real life reviews start to pour onto the web.  Not that anything is wrong with the mass of reviews out there now, just that I have a small problem with folks who get their equipment FROM the company they are reviewing.  So, as I've said for a long, long time I learned my lesson by being an early adopter of the Nikon D800 and I'll never do that again.  The actual delivery of the X-T2 starts in September(?) so I think I can wait until next spring... Hopefully by then all the bugs (if any, as I'm not saying there are any) will have been worked out, the furor will have died down a bit, and maybe, juuuust maybe, prices will have either come down, or their may be some incentives to purchase the X-T2.  If no incentives or price breaks I'll probably buy one anyway, but let's see what the pioneers think of it first.

I'm very curious...

Very sensible approach. As I'll be one of those early adopters on this one, I think I might do a write up of my thoughts and experience after a month or so of using it very heavily.

I voted with my wallet and purchased an XP-2 a month ago. I knew (as did everyone else) that a T2 was imminent, but I just preferred the rangefinder experience. I don't know why, but I really prefer it to the SLR design. I've shot SLRs for 30 years and loved them, but when I went mirrorless, I started with an XE-2 and was really amazed at how much I liked the far-left rangefinder. I purchased the XP2 in spite of its optical finder, but I find it intriguing to use, especially with my favorite lens, the 23mm. 

The T2 looks really nice. I had hoped that it would have the focus joy stick and it does. It has 4K video, and that's great, but not important to me. I wish the XP2 had that great articulated screen, though, and two high-speed slots. I can see that there's a lot of love for the XT-1 on this board and I have a feeling that a lot of people here will buy T2s. 

If I decide that I need a second body, I'll spring for a T2. Those of you preordering your T2s: Good luck. I'm confident that you'll really dig it. 

I placed a pre-order today for 2 X-T2 bodies with the battery grips. 

I'll sell my X-T1 and keep my X-Pro2. I really like the X-Pro2 and in particular the button layout. However, the advantages of the tilting screen, better video, connectivity, far more shots without changing batteries with the grip, tethering, 2 fast card slots and a bigger EVF etc decide it for me. The 2 X-T2 bodies will be my 'work' cameras and the X-Pro2 an enjoyable change of pace.

X-T2 for me. It's all I hoped it would be. All the minor things that slightly bother me with the X-T1 have been fixed. Although, the price... I was counting with a 30% price increase but it got about a 50% increase. And this is the first camera I actually want the battery grip for since it enhances the speed and video capabilities as well as act as a charger.

In a past life of film shot with a Konica C35 range finder.Loved it.Then I stumbled across a web site and saw the Fuji X- Pro2. It was love at first sight.I couldn't wait for the X-T2 so I seized the day and bought the Pro2.I just love it ! Have married it to a bevy of lenses and it's fantastic! No regrets.