X100V huge issue, stuck in "pair with smartphone" mode

My X100V is stuck in "pair with smartphone" mode, and I cannot get out of this loop. I tried to switch with another battery, I also removed the battery and kept the camera ON, and when I returned the battery, it was still in the "pair with smartphone" mode. 

Is someone familiar with this issue? Or does someone have the solution? The camera is now usable as is.

I ran into something similar with my x-t5 with the new software app - I came across a “reset network setting” option and that did it.   I do t recall where I saw it, but it was at the bottom when I scrolled, maybe on the same menu group as the pairing one. 

4 hours ago, jerryy said:

How long did you leave the battery out of the camera?

Usually it takes quite a few days for the settings backup battery to completely discharge.

I left the battery for four days at least, and when I put it back again, it was the same unfortunately. I also cannot exit this mode. Should I try for a week?

3 hours ago, Edp said:

I ran into something similar with my x-t5 with the new software app - I came across a “reset network setting” option and that did it.   I do t recall where I saw it, but it was at the bottom when I scrolled, maybe on the same menu group as the pairing one. 

This particular issue also started when I updated the firmware of the X100V. Unfortunately I cannot enter the menu (or exiting from "pair with smartphone" mode). Otherwise I could try it. 

If you have some other suggestions, please share them with me. I haven't used my cam for a while now due to this issue (also getting a bit desperate tbh). 

34 minutes ago, Robert8818 said:

I left the battery for four days at least, and when I put it back again, it was the same unfortunately. I also cannot exit this mode. Should I try for a week?

Give it a try. That back-up settings capacitor is a sturdy little puppy, it takes a while to wear down. How to phrase this delicately, …, right now you are unable to use the camera, so pull the big battery, turn the power switch to “on”, put the body on a shelf and leave it there for at least a week. Every time you are tempted to mess with it, walk away, walk away, walk away. After the week has gone by, give it another day or three, then test it.

Unless of course it is a just bought brand new body and still with-in warranty, then have a chat with the camera store you got it from, they may have a faster way of getting it back to default status.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:38 PM, jerryy said:

Give it a try. That back-up settings capacitor is a sturdy little puppy, it takes a while to wear down. How to phrase this delicately, …, right now you are unable to use the camera, so pull the big battery, turn the power switch to “on”, put the body on a shelf and leave it there for at least a week. Every time you are tempted to mess with it, walk away, walk away, walk away. After the week has gone by, give it another day or three, then test it.

Unless of course it is a just bought brand new body and still with-in warranty, then have a chat with the camera store you got it from, they may have a faster way of getting it back to default status.

Okay, I will give it a try for at least a week (today is the second day). I will try again tomorrow after a week, which totals 10 days. That should be sufficient, I hope... Thanks anyway for your suggestions so far!

6 hours ago, Robert8818 said:

Okay, I will give it a try for at least a week (today is the second day). I will try again tomorrow after a week, which totals 10 days. That should be sufficient, I hope... Thanks anyway for your suggestions so far!

I am hoping this time does work for you. I have heard when this issue happens somewhat seemingly randomly, there is a problem with the power supply, but I have not yet heard of this happening only because of updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 4:32 PM, jerryy said:

I am hoping this time does work for you. I have heard when this issue happens somewhat seemingly randomly, there is a problem with the power supply, but I have not yet heard of this happening only because of updates.

Update as of this morning: After a solid ten days of leaving the camera ON without the battery, I put the battery back again in the X100V, and unfortunately, it went back to the pairing with smartphone mode again.

This workaround doesn't help me with the problem. At this moment, I am getting frustrated and desperate as well. If someone has other ideas/suggestions, please share them with me.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nate80 said:

Hi Robert, I was having the same issue as you today and managed to find a solution. It was frustrating enough after a few hours, I can't imagine days. 

Do you still need help figuring this out?sd

Hi Robert, I was having the same issue as you today and managed to find a solution. It was frustrating enough after a few hours, I can't imagine days. 

Do you still need help figuring this out?

Hi Nate, 

Yes please share your tip/advice with me. As of now, I am still looking for a solution. I had contact with Fujifilm Netherlands, and they told me they could have a look at it. However, I only want to ship my camera to Fujifilm if needed (I am not very fond of sending the camera via mail). 

Hi Nate,

Yes please share your tip/advice with me. As of now, I am still looking for a solution. I had contact with Fujifilm Netherlands, and they told me they could have a look at it. However, I only want to ship my camera to Fujifilm if needed (I am not very fond of sending the camera via mail). 

On 6/29/2023 at 2:08 AM, Nate80 said:

Hi Nate,

On 6/29/2023 at 1:20 PM, Robert8818 said:

Hi Nate,

Hi Nate,

Did you receive my previous message? As you can imagine, I am pretty desperate as of now. 

Thanks in advance!

Gr. Robbert

Edited by Robert8818

Glad got it fixed. Looks like was fixed with the version just released on July 4th.

The firmware update Ver.3.01 from Ver.3.00 incorporates the following issues:

The firmware bug is fixed that the lens always stops at the “Near-end” position when the camera is turned on after Ver.3.00 update.

The bug is fixed that the “Pairing Registration” screen in the "FUJIFILM Camera Remote" is displayed in rare cases when turning on the camera right after Ver.3.00 update and then the camera freezes when the "OK" button is pressed, or “Pairing Registration” screen keeps appearing when “BACK” button is pressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Since everyone here is suggesting for updating firmware, I searched it online how to check firmware while stuck on pairing smartphone in my camera. I just pressed and hold the POWER ON and DISP BACK button while turning the cam on and the message went away and went to shooting mode again. When I checked my firmware update, it has already the latest version.