Lightroom mobile

winspeare

A few months ago, I imagined a workflow in which I would use lightroom mobile to curate the photos I import. As I always have a backlog of around 1000 photos, sitting down in an armchair to sort them out sounded like a good idea. I take quite a lot of photos, but only keep a very small amount. Typically, at any time, I process photos I took a couple of months back.

The method I use is simple. Every new photo is colour tagged with purple (the one without a keyboard shortcut), and I have them in a smart collection. The smart collection is mirrored to a normal collection with a plugin and this is synced to iCloud. Any photo that is purple and flagged as a pick goes into a smart collection of pictures that I need to process. Anything rejected is deleted.

In theory all I need to do on the ipad with LR mobile is flag my photos with pick or reject.

In practice, it takes each photo between 2 and 10 seconds to become sharp on the app... Far to slow for an efficient workflow, I have an ipad 2 and my internet speed is around 7 megabits.

How fast is LR mobile for you?