X-Pro3 — how to not hide the evf when turned off

Hey xpro-shooters!

Does anyone know if there is a setting to disable evf auto-hide when camera is turned off. I couldn't find anything by now :(

I am a bit worried that triggering the evf show/hide mechanism too often may damage it in a long term. By default it hides the the camera is turned off even if I have a setting to use evf while shooting. Any thoughts? 🤔 Thanks!

Yep, that the default behaviour. For some lenses I use evf such as telephoto or manual lenses. But I usually turn off camera often to safe the battery, so the mechanism triggers quite a lot during the photo-walk hiding and showing again the evf.

My concern is to prolong the life of the mechanism by reducing the number of show-hide actions

1 hour ago, indie314 said:

Yep, that the default behaviour. For some lenses I use evf such as telephoto or manual lenses. But I usually turn off camera often to safe the battery, so the mechanism triggers quite a lot during the photo-walk hiding and showing again the evf.

My concern is to prolong the life of the mechanism by reducing the number of show-hide actions

I've owned the x-pro 3 shortly since after release and I've taken thousands of images with it. I mainly use the combo of evf/LCD when composing. Like you I turn the camera off to save battery. My advice to you is: Don't worry about it. The expected shutter life for the x-pro 3 is more than 200K+ actuations so unless you only shoot at the max 20FPS it's a non issue.

Dan