tjlewis is new here

Wouldn't you know it, I just bought a brand new X-H2 camera with a XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 lens a day before I heard the news of the X-S20. I had been seriously looking at the X-S10 before deciding that the X-H2 would better future protect my choice in cameras.  

After reading the specifications, I don't think I would have made any change in the purchase of the X-H2. I had, however, no choice in the selection of the lens as it came as a non-kit camera. The lens and I will have to get to know each other before any changes are to be made. The next lens will soon be the XF 30mm f2.8 macro. I plan to use it is both as a "normal" prime lens and to "film scan" the vast quantity of film stock I've accumulated.

This is my first Fujifilm camera. I am coming from, digitally, Canon G12 then various Apple iPhones. Before that I've used many film cameras starting with Pentax through view cameras to Bronica ETR and Nikon cameras.

The type of photography I enjoy I call "wondering around in a meditative mood with a camera." When using my iPhone's camera apps I like also putting my mind in an algorithmic state of mind allowing my eye to be in tune with the iPhone's image computational modes.

If you are interested in my work my Flickr account is

The Fujifilm system will take my artistry to new, sharper, more detailed and colorful worlds.

I have been alive in Toronto, Ontario, Canada since the early 1970's after moving from the U.S.

I hope to learn and contribute much to this forum.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by tjlewis
update url