I've only used my New X-70 three times, although the shutter lag was apparent the very first time I used it. It certainly took the shine off my lovely new camera. Suddenly it wasn't quite so fantastic as it was made out to be, and disappointment quickly set in.

I had hoped to get around the problem by using the high speed drive mode, but that's next to useless and as far as I'm concerned and is completely non-usable. I might just as well leave it in Single Shot mode and try to aim the shutter several seconds before it's needed. Sometimes it works, but not always. Mostly I miss the shot completely.

Slow or delayed shutter actuation seems to be a problem peculiar to small, pocket-able cameras. I'm sure Fujifilm wouldn't have released it like this, if they could have found a fix pre-release.

Anyone got any idea if Fujifilm are working on a Firmware Update?

I notice that Nikon have delayed the release of the DL series cameras, yet again. Maybe they've run into the same problem and don't want to risk the adverse criticism such a glaring fault would cause. Especially since the Nikon A was such a flop. So if Fujifilm do succeed in finding a fix, they'll certainly steal a march on many other camera manufacturers. 

Does the X100T suffer from Shutter Lag? My X-T1 isn't so bad. Although it's not as fast as my Nikon DSLR's which have no discernible shutter lag. They used to, The D90 and D7000 did for instance, but not the latest line-up of Nikon cameras.

I certainly hope Fujifilm come up with a fix before too long. Before I lose patience and it ends up on Ebay. 

• 2 months later...