X-T10 won't turn on

For fear of stating the obvious, is it *definitely* not turning on? I had a similar situation where I thought it wasn't turning on, but I had just inadvertently pressed the 'view mode' button (to the right of the EVF) with the effect of switching off the LCD; since then I keep it mainly in 'EVF only + eye sensor' mode. Again apologies if this is an exercise in teaching granny how to suck eggs, but sometimes the obvious can be overlooked.  

• 6 months later...

For fear of stating the obvious, is it *definitely* not turning on? I had a similar situation where I thought it wasn't turning on, but I had just inadvertently pressed the 'view mode' button (to the right of the EVF) with the effect of switching off the LCD; since then I keep it mainly in 'EVF only + eye sensor' mode. Again apologies if this is an exercise in teaching granny how to suck eggs, but sometimes the obvious can be overlooked.  

It was so obvious that .... it was only after reading your post that I thought about it. I had one of my 2 cameras not being used for a while and today when I started it... all was black and did not notice anything strange. Just thought it did not work.

Thanks MikeG for opening my eyes¡¡

Edited by Sueco

• 1 month later...

I was trying -unsuccesfully- to download 500+ photos from my X-T10 to my Mac computer. I tried everything: two different card readers, hooking the camera to the computer, using the wireless connection (which has never worked for me)... nothing! All this time the camera was working well. It was after I tried to hook it up from the lower USB port that the camera died. At first it did let me see the pictures I had taken, but then an orange light turned on and it stood lit even if I turned the camera off. I had to remove the battery to get it to turn off. Now the camera won't turn on at all. I am pretty sure that I used the correct cable, but it did felt kind of loose on the USB port. Can it  be that I damaged something inside the camera just by inserting a cable that might not be the right one inside that port? Thanks for your help, RP

• 4 months later...

It was so obvious that .... it was only after reading your post that I thought about it. I had one of my 2 cameras not being used for a while and today when I started it... all was black and did not notice anything strange. Just thought it did not work.

Thanks MikeG for opening my eyes¡¡

thanks, me too !! newbies need to know these things

• 2 years later...
On 3/9/2017 at 6:18 AM, raypauly said:

I was trying -unsuccesfully- to download 500+ photos from my X-T10 to my Mac computer. I tried everything: two different card readers, hooking the camera to the computer, using the wireless connection (which has never worked for me)... nothing! All this time the camera was working well. It was after I tried to hook it up from the lower USB port that the camera died. At first it did let me see the pictures I had taken, but then an orange light turned on and it stood lit even if I turned the camera off. I had to remove the battery to get it to turn off. Now the camera won't turn on at all. I am pretty sure that I used the correct cable, but it did felt kind of loose on the USB port. Can it  be that I damaged something inside the camera just by inserting a cable that might not be the right one inside that port? Thanks for your help, RP

Did you manage to find a solution as i seem to have a similar problem.