Which 3 primes combo is your ideal setup?

xherion

23mm f/1.4

35mm f/1.4

56mm f/1.2

I find that there is very little I can't do with these based on my personal style of photography. I also own the 16mm f/1.4, but I only add that to my bag if I feel like the locations I'm visiting will require it. The 16mm has amazing image quality, but it's not something I use daily. For the most part I've found that the 23mm is wide enough for what I do and most of the time if I bring my 55-200mm I end up using it at 55 or a few shots close to 200. Bringing the 56mm instead of that means I gain a lot of options for depth of field and only miss out on a handful of long shots.

Having now used the Fuji gear for a while I would agree with your setup except 23mm mine is F2. I am sorely tempted to add my 90mm to that mix though when I am next away on a river. I just love Fuji colour and the end results of the images and the X-prime lenses are really fantastic value for money. The only thing I am not keen on are the lens hood quality of fit on the 14mm 2.8, 35mm F1.4 - the others are as good as any other make and are not loose. The 35mm 1.4 I discovered I can dispense with the loose square rubber front cover - it's useless anyway, such a poor fit I could have lost it on day one. The solution is to use the normal 52mm cap, which I admit is extremely fiddly to get at if one is too lazy to take off the hood and then the cap. But it can be done and is a better solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...