x100t bug/feature or false setting

Hey guys and girls,

I have a problem with my X100T and I don't know if this is a bug or a false setting.

when I look through my EVF or on my screen I can see the scene and it is right exposed. When I then press my release half way through to focus the image gets 1-2 stops darker. If I then press the release completely (take the picture) and then look at the 1/2 second preview it looks again right exposed. And it is right exposed. It's just under exposed when I set/look the focus point. 

And this happens not all the time. Most times it works great without any issues and then without changing any settings the issue appears.

Does anyone know this behavior and can tell me what it is?

Here is a example video off the issu.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s4diretody41kor/AAAf5wiibg9-R70smhj9Sou_a?dl=0

Edited by Lausbube

Well, considering nobody seem to have a clue I'll chime in even if I'm not sure my suspicion is actually correct.

When you half-press the shutter the camera closes the aperture on the lens at the selected value.

Normally the aperture is kept fully open to avoid hindering AF speed, and if the light on the scene is too much for the EVF to "electronically" compensate then the image in the viewfinder, before you half-press the shutter causing the aperture to close, will look too bright.

I see this happening sometimes even on my X-T10.

What I'm not sure is why the final image does look bright, instead of darker.

Try two things to narrow down the problem (if it is a problem at all):

- set the aperture fully open, and see if this still happens; if it doesn't then it is something aperture-related

- switch "Preview exp. in manual mode" (on the X-T10 is in the 1st setup menu > screen set-up > Preview exp. in manual mode) on or off (depending its current status) and see if it makes a difference

Hope this helps.

And it is right exposed. It's just under exposed when I set/look the focus point. 

Another thing: do you happen to have the spot metering linked to the focus point and maybe you're shooting in Auto? If so what you experience in such cases might be the camera simply trying to render as a 18% tone whatever object the focus point happens to be pointed at.