X-T1 Cycles On/Off rapidly

I've had my X-T1 for 1 1/2 years now and have been very pleased with it.  In the last month or so I've had something strange happen on occasion.  This only happens once a week or so...when I turn on the camera the LCD screen cycles On/Off or view/black rapidly...maybe twice a second.  I'll then turn it off and on again and sometimes that will fix the problem, sometimes I'll have to turn it on/off 3 or 4 times to clear the problem.  This happened before the latest firmware and again several times after installing the new firmware.  I'm wondering if it might be some type of "lens error" issue.  It doesn't happen enough to determine if it's my 18-135 lens.  Haven't noticed if it happens with other lenses.  has anyone else had an issue like this?  ...thanks

Double check the connectors on the lens, that could be something there that could be blocking it.

Also, I guess you check that you have the lens correctly locked into the mount right ? I have had some issues with the 35 F2 where it was misbehaving because I didn't turned it fully in.