Problems downloading firmware

AnFo

On 5/12/2023 at 11:00 AM, AnFo said:

Ok, but when I inserted the card - with the two data files - into my XH2 and selected update of the lens, the answer is "New update cannot be found. Turn off the camera."

Make sure the file name is correct, including the extension “.DAT”.  The file name itself can’t have any extra characters such as “(1)” or such, which sometimes OS systems like to add.  They also have to be in the root of the SD card, do not copy the folder structure - just its contents.  

Also, are you sure the lends needs updating?  Check the firmware version on the lens first.    

Edited by Edp

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like you're experiencing a bit of confusion with the firmware update process for your Fuji 16-55/2.8 lens. No worries, the situation you described is quite normal. The Fuji firmware updates indeed come in a .DAT format rather than the common .zip format.

The two .DAT files you mentioned, XFUP0019.DAT and XFUP0064.DAT, are likely different versions of the firmware. Fuji sometimes includes older firmware in the download package as well in case there are issues with the latest update.

Here are the steps to update your firmware:

Format your SD card in the camera.

Copy the firmware file (the .DAT file) onto the root directory of your SD card.

Insert the SD card back into the camera.

Switch the camera on while holding down the 'Display/Back' button to open the firmware upgrade menu.

Confirm the process and wait for the firmware to update.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also having a problem with updating my X-T100 firmware. I format the SD card on my camera, put the card in my PC running WIN10, download the firmware from the Fuji site and see the two files (FWUP0023.DAT for the camera and XFUP0029.zip for the lens). I've also tried doing this just for the camera. 

Then I insert my SD card into the PC and put those files on the card and put the card in my camera. When I turn on the camera holding the DISP/BACK button, I see the same versions that came with the camera. When I click on OK I get a screen that says Select Item. When I select lens or camera, in each case I get a message "New firmware not be found. Turn off camera."

I have repeated this process several times to no avail. Suggestions?

• 2 months later...

X-T5 Trying to update firmware. Getting "update not found, turn off camera" message. 

I have tried 6 times, doing everything that has been suggested.  File name is correct.  Deleted the file and re-downloaded it each time.  Copied directly from Mac downloads file to newly formatted SD card.  Tried with lens attached and with lens removed.  Loaded the lens update file.  Nothing helps.

Will not work . . . . Any further suggestions??????

X-T5 Trying to update firmware. Getting "update not found, turn off camera" message. 

I have tried 6 times, doing everything that has been suggested.  File name is correct.  Deleted the file and re-downloaded it each time.  Copied directly from Mac downloads file to newly formatted SD card.  Tried with lens attached and with lens removed.  Loaded the lens update file.  Nothing helps.

Will not work . . . . Any further suggestions??????

Did you unpack the Firmware file and put to the root of the SD card?

I did not unpack the file.  I copied it directly from the download file to the SD card.  (I've owned almost every version of the "X" cameras since the release of the X-E1 and have never encountered this problem before.  I bought this X-T5 new and this is my first firmware update on this camera.

This is a strange problem indeed. The only thing I can think of is to use a different computer, or try the Xapp method. I have an x-t5 and have not encountered this problem. The clue might be in your mention of zipped files. If memory serves me, the downloaded file is not zipped and does not need unpacking. I am pretty sure that there will be only one file too. I will try downloading later today to see if I am correct.

Sorry, I was wrong. I just tried downloading the firmware for the 16-55. It is zipped and the instruction is to unzip it. Once this is done there is a folder with the two files inside. The question is should you put the folder on the card or should you open the folder and just copy the two files on? The Fuji instructions do not help, so I guess try both. As the instructions on the Fuji download site does not mention opening the folder up, I would try putting the intact folder on first. unfortunately I don't have the 16-55, so I can't try it out.

I am extremely grateful for your help and suggestions. Last night I tried two more times.  On the first try, I substituted a second UHS-1 card, went through the steps - NO LUCK.

On the second try, I substituted a brand-new UHS-II card (Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II Card 128GB) AND IT WORKED!!!!!

So, now, my X-T5 is fully updated to the latest firmware.

Thanks so much!