Problem after firmware update through camera remote app.

Hi all, I’m new to the world of Fuji camera and installed the Fuji camera remote software on my iPad. It asked me to do a firmware update for the body which it said had completed successfully and powered down the camera when it finished.

I tried turning on the camera, and the camera starts but it just gives a message with a red exclamation saying to turn off the camera and to turn it back on. It doesn’t matter how many times I try I can’t get rid of the message and can’t use the camera.

so basically Fuji firmware update has made my camera completely unusable.

Does anyone have any advice before I get on the phone and shouting and ranting at Fuji for their crappy software.

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richie, May 3rd I posted about a similar problem, on which no answer yet.

The camera shop where I bought it, did not recognize the problem and advized me to check whether it happens with the Fuji battery in, or only when using a Jupio battery. I can't believe that being the cause, but I'm presently checking. Maybe a tip for you too.

Once you find the reason, please let us know. I wil do the same. 

On 5/7/2023 at 10:33 AM, RichieB said:

Hi all, I’m new to the world of Fuji camera and installed the Fuji camera remote software on my iPad. It asked me to do a firmware update for the body which it said had completed successfully and powered down the camera when it finished.

I tried turning on the camera, and the camera starts but it just gives a message with a red exclamation saying to turn off the camera and to turn it back on. It doesn’t matter how many times I try I can’t get rid of the message and can’t use the camera.

so basically Fuji firmware update has made my camera completely unusable.

Does anyone have any advice before I get on the phone and shouting and ranting at Fuji for their crappy software.

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

There was a recent specific firmware update to fix the issue with failed attempts using the remote app.   You need to do the firmware update using an SD card directly and not use the app to push an update.  

1 hour ago, Ron van den Houdt said:

Hi Richie, May 3rd I posted about a similar problem, on which no answer yet.

The camera shop where I bought it, did not recognize the problem and advized me to check whether it happens with the Fuji battery in, or only when using a Jupio battery. I can't believe that being the cause, but I'm presently checking. Maybe a tip for you too.

Once you find the reason, please let us know. I wil do the same. 

Ron, I had to send my camera off to Fuji for repair and i'm still witing for an update.  I will make sure i never use their crappy apps again to update my camera and just do updates directly from the SD card.

1 hour ago, Edp said:

There was a recent specific firmware update to fix the issue with failed attempts using the remote app.   You need to do the firmware update using an SD card directly and not use the app to push an update.  

Ironically the update that screwed my camera via the app, was the update that was supposed to fix the issue - go figure

• 2 months later...

Yes, the same problem happened to me (and to many others, as can be seen all over the internet) and Fuji has been ignoring my emails. When I did get a hold of a Fuji representative via a technical support text-messaging channel, I was told that this is an old problem and that Fuji is not responsible for fixing it--as if the age of the problem should have any bearing on their responsibility to fix it.

The Fuji rep also expressed to me--and (allegedly) to the store from which I purchased the camera--that this is a "human error" and not Fuji's. This, too, defies logic as Fuji themselves have publicly addressed the problem with their app. I am appalled by Fuji's response thus far, and I will be taking my grievances to all the competent authorities.

When a car company identifies a manufacturing error, they issue a recall. The same should be done in this instance. Why on Earth is the Fuji app still asking customers to update their firmware through the app?

The following link clearly describes the firmware-updating problem that turned my X-S10 into a paperweight:

https://shotkit.com/news/fujifilm-issues-urgent-download-warning-for-its-own-camera-firmware/

Never again will I buy another Fuji product.

Edited by DMW